TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: 10th new signing…Regan Poole
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(11-07-2023, 12:07 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Towler, Towel, Poole, Pool, swim…

Let owl poo?
Towler did cross my mind but that's not 'towel'. 
I couldn't believe that it could be that. 
Strewth, what next? That Gavin's all-Whyte.
Reading on Lincoln site they think we are underwhelmed and over privileged when it comes to league 1!!
If only they could see!
If the lad works his socks off then he'll become a real fans favourite.
It's like JM has recognised one thing about pompey fans. When we see a 'trier' we really get behind them.
It seems JM has signed alot of 100% players according to their previous clubs fans.
It's been a while since we were so indulged in that department but it does look like it's coming together nicely.
Let's finally put this league behind us and concentrate on that championship level we all want.
(11-07-2023, 09:29 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-07-2023, 09:01 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-07-2023, 07:33 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-07-2023, 06:39 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-07-2023, 01:28 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Who said we wanted Bernard?

I’m not fussed.

JM did I seem to recall.

The same JM who said he wanted to sign Dale permanently?

Yeah, what’s your point?

He hasn’t signed either of them so there’s not much point in setting any store by what he’s said in the past. Is that a fair assessment?

You asked who said we wanted him, JM said we wanted him.
(11-07-2023, 10:59 AM)tl73 Wrote: [ -> ]We can have the Towel next to the Poole!

And a towel is an upgrade from a rag if you want to dry off but at a push a rag may just get the job done
Actually Cunning, that's bang on!
He said he wanted Dale, he said he wanted Piggott, he's actually said alot. Apart, from those he actually just went out and got without any fanfare.
You're right!
If you have to explain it you’ve lost lol.
I’m on about the towler/towel ‘joke’
Really happy with this signing if the feedback coming from Lincoln and others who have seen him play are correct. As Hammie said, we really seem to be building a squad with depth. A No 10 still needed but just about there now.
(11-07-2023, 12:07 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Towler, Towel, Poole, Pool, swim…

...to the Isle of Gavin
(11-07-2023, 02:16 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-07-2023, 09:29 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-07-2023, 09:01 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-07-2023, 07:33 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-07-2023, 06:39 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]JM did I seem to recall.

The same JM who said he wanted to sign Dale permanently?

Yeah, what’s your point?

He hasn’t signed either of them so there’s not much point in setting any store by what he’s said in the past. Is that a fair assessment?

You asked who said we wanted him, JM said we wanted him.

Thank you for your answer.

I’m not fussed.

Hope we have moved on. Watched him playing for Jamaica in the Gold Cup. He didn't play well.
(13-07-2023, 06:08 PM)HotToddy Wrote: [ -> ]

I’m not fussed.

Hope we have moved on. Watched him playing for Jamaica in the Gold Cup. He didn't play well.

I hope you were there in person and didn’t watch it on the TV.
I read that we still haven't ruled him out. I personally don't think it would work with having both Towler and Bernard as first choice. You need at least 1 CB to be an old head. 

Unless you don't see us getting promoted this season. A season together would build a strong pairing to go for it next year.
If we do get Bernard ( which I doubt), that would give us 5 CB’s, then I can see Raggett asking to go.
(11-07-2023, 06:10 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]Really happy with this signing if the feedback coming from Licon and others who have seen him play are correct. As Hammie said, we really seem to be building a squad with depth. A No 10 still needed but just about there now.

Looks like Lewis Wing is still looking for a club. Let's show some ambition & try & sign him for the No. 10 role.
Let’s get someone better, that we’ve never heard of.
He starts for Wales tonight. Please don't get injured...
Got a yellow and played well.
One of my two for POTS so far
One of my eleven.
Pages: 1 2