TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Barnsley problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Barnsley are the latest club to hit problems:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66188283

No idea whether they could face sanctions as a result but so many clubs recently in the Championship seem to be in trouble.
Even one point per breach would add up.
Sadly, as always, the owners concerned are out of it and will leave the current owners and the fans to pick up the pieces.
Mind you, if there is a deduction, it is very good news for us as Barnsley are always near the top come the end of season.
I never thought I would see a Pompey fan take a view that clubs going to the wall could in any way be a good thing.
Slayer, as Hammie pointed out, and quite rightly - it is the fans who ultimately suffer, and we should know about that.

The greedy, or unaccountable owners are the individuals never affected.

However, unless punishments are incurred it is plainly NOT fair on the remainder of clubs in the league, and only by repeating the prescription can it be fair on clubs , like us, who have suffered in the past.

And bottom line is yes I do want us to finish above Barnsley .
(13-07-2023, 12:06 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]I never thought I would see a Pompey fan take a view that clubs going to the wall could in any way be a good thing.

There is zero chance of them going to the wall.
They now have new owners, better? Who knows.
But they have lots of money. 
As we cannot go back in time and remove the promotion gained when they were breaking the rules, the only fair response seems to be, to make it harder to get promoted this time, by deducting points.
Mr preferred long time answer would be that any club in debt be banned from promotion or any cup/play off finals. Owing money to HMRC would be easy to check each year.