TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: H and W
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Over to our match day reporter, Mikey……..

As usual with these friendlies, reading the starting lineup and it reads as though it’s just a passage to fitness. Pretty soon, we’re going to start seeing what looks as though could be a first team. I’m looking forward to seeing what it will look like.

How’s the pitch sounding, Mikey?
Not much to report. OJO looks a decent prospect. Don’t think Sparkes will be troubling Ogilvie. Towler & Swanson playing well although a few mistakes from Towler. Steward hasn’t had much to deal with. All our attacking has been mainly down the left.All in all looks like a training match. Good crowd though.
Looking forward to hearing more about Ojo.
Is Swanson going to threaten Rafferty (should Rafferty be fit)?
OJO had a good game, puts himself about and was a nuisance. H&W played well but never really troubled us.
Only 17, I understand. A big lump (not you, Tag)?
A very lacklustre affair but at least Ojo's got his mojo
I am a big lump lol. If OJO is only 17 then Kanu was only 25 ?
(15-07-2023, 12:13 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Over to our match day reporter, Mikey……..

As usual with these friendlies, reading the starting lineup and it reads as though it’s just a passage to fitness. Pretty soon, we’re going to start seeing what looks as though could be a first team. I’m looking forward to seeing what it will look like.

How’s the pitch sounding, Mikey?

Unfortunately, I missed all the excitement Cunni in what sounded like a kick - a - bout.

Wimbledon & Bristol City should give us more of an idea as to how the season could progress.
Yeah, we might get something like proper football at last.

Looking forward to seeing a team sheet that reads like a possible first team.
(17-07-2023, 02:52 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, we might get something like proper football at last.

Definitely! Players & manager need to take more seriously as we don't want getting beaten heavily in either game.

Quick Quiz Qu: When was the last time Pompey played the two Bristol clubs in consecutive Home Matches?
Bloody hell, not sure I know where to start with that one but I’ll have a go at ‘86
(18-07-2023, 07:00 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-07-2023, 02:52 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, we might get something like proper football at last.

Definitely! Players & manager need to take more seriously as we don't want getting beaten heavily in either game.

Quick Quiz Qu: When was the last time Pompey played the two Bristol clubs in consecutive Home Matches?

That's the sort of quiz question I love, but got absolutely no idea. Could you possibly ask it again on August 6th?
Great question but no idea Mikey. We haven't played City in the league since 2011/12 when both games finished 0.0
(18-07-2023, 07:37 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]Great question but no idea Mikey. We haven't played City in the league since 2011/12 when both games finished 0.0

I'd be very surprised if it had ever happened competitively.  And in records you can find online friendlies are I think generally excluded.  So I'm not sure there'll be any means of checking this definitively.
Thought this would get everyone racking their brain!

Where's the forums Stato Expert?
I assumed you knew the answer.
Unfortunately Not.

It just struck me as a very unique situation.

I'll try to find out but think it's Not likely to have happened.
FFS, Mikey!

You really are entertainment. You should receive free entry to Fratton and be wheeled out when the game is dreary.
Anyway, with no friendly booked for tomorrow, I reckon a behind closed doors game against a Bournemouth or Brighton side as neither have friendlies tomorrow.
Shirley the club have something organised.
Without a game, thank goodness we have Mikey's brainteaser to keep us busy over the weekend.
Here's one for Mikey. Bristol Rovers once played a leagiue game at Fratton Park but it wasn't v Pompey. Who did they play and why ?
Nice one Northstander. Must have been a club who'ds ground was closed or unusable. Wild guess would be Brighton when they lost their ground?
Don't think it was Brighton, it was mooted but then they went and groundshared with Gillingham.
Millwall.
Yes it was Millwall who played Bristol Rovers here in April 1978 due to Millwall being told to play home games away from the Old Den due to persistent crowd trouble. It is reported that there were 140 Police on duty and 12 arrests were made.
Pages: 1 2