TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: New old boy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Guys
Just registered, after years of following your threads/posts on all matters Pompey. To introduce myself in short, Pompey born more than 80 years ago. Have not resided in Pompey since 1959, due to work, marriage etc. but always check on my team and go see them as often as possible. First game at Fratton Park was back in 1946/47 season. Last visit was in 2019 to see my brothers memorial plaque in the south stand. I have enjoyed reading your posts over the years and, in the current situation I now feel compelled to add my voice to the many who are totally disillusioned with events surrounding the football club we love and have supported over the years.
As we all know being a Pompey fan is never dull. From the super days of Jimmy Dickinson, Duggie Reid, Jack Frogatt, and so many more, followed by the likes of Peter Harris, Len Phillips many more recent class acts. From League Champions in the forty's being relegated to the old division 4, all the way back to the Premier League only for history to repeat itself in our decline and we just managed survival as a club.
It is clear to me that given our status and level of support, we as a big club in league 1 are massively under achieving. This I believe is due to factors that include strange tactics, odd team selections and a lack of desire or having the will to win. The players should be proud to represent Pompey and strain every sinew in search of success. I have no confidence in changes to the above being made this season.
It looks like another season in league 1. Even if we do get to the play offs then I suspect very strange team selection, as before.
There you go guys, I've introduced myself, had my little moan, look forward to joining you in discussions henceforth.
Cheers Big Grin
Amadalso
What a time to join and a junior blue over 80!
Greetings, amadalso!!
Greetings from me as well !
Wow ! Someone who started the same season as me, we are a dying breed Amadalso

I expect you well remember 2 o’clock kick offs, the old score board at the Milton End, blue paper programmes, the ultra slick football of the double championship side but, above all, the noise and passion of the Fratton crowd - we are so lucky, I doubt that passion and noise will never be experienced again at Fratton Park let alone the football.
(08-03-2021, 09:36 PM)Wightblue Wrote: [ -> ]Greetings from me as well !
Wow ! Someone who started the same season as me, we are a dying breed Amadalso

I expect you well remember 2 o’clock kick offs, the old score board at the Milton End, blue paper programmes, the ultra slick football of the double championship side but, above all, the noise and passion of the Fratton crowd - we are so lucky, I doubt that passion and noise will never be experienced again at Fratton Park let alone the football.

Hello, I am mightily impressed with some one of your grand years sorting out IT.

I mean as you are using the internet, you must have sorted IT out? It is scammers. Have you got any good tips on sorting those bassards out?
Welcome to the board Amadalso!
(08-03-2021, 09:14 PM)amadalso Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Guys
Just registered, after years of following your threads/posts on all matters Pompey. To introduce myself in short, Pompey born more than 80 years ago. Have not resided in Pompey since 1959, due to work, marriage etc. but always check on my team and go see them as often as possible. First game at Fratton Park was back in 1946/47 season. Last visit was in 2019 to see my brothers memorial plaque in the south stand. I have enjoyed reading your posts over the years and, in the current situation I now feel compelled to add my voice to the many who are totally disillusioned with events surrounding the football club we love and have supported over the years.
As we all know being a Pompey fan is never dull. From the super days of Jimmy Dickinson, Duggie Reid, Jack Frogatt, and so many more, followed by the likes of Peter Harris, Len Phillips many more recent class acts. From League Champions in the forty's being relegated to the old division 4, all the way back to the Premier League only for history to repeat itself in our decline and we just managed survival as a club.
It is clear to me that given our status and level of support, we as a big club in league 1 are massively under achieving. This I believe is due to factors that include strange tactics, odd team selections and a lack of desire or having the will to win. The players should be proud to represent Pompey and strain every sinew in search of success. I have no confidence in changes to the above being made this season.
It looks like another season in league 1. Even if we do get to the play offs then I suspect very strange team selection, as before.
There you go guys, I've introduced myself, had my little moan, look forward to joining you in discussions henceforth.
Cheers Big Grin
Amadalso

Welcome to the board Amadalso, fellow old gits are always welcome here.

The more the merrier I say ?.
Welcome to our little bitching ghetto.
(09-03-2021, 08:44 AM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to our little bitching ghetto.

Welcome!! The Milton End score board where they slotted the half time scores in. Great days of the time of today's 'Golden Goal'. I wish we could score a golden goal these days.
(08-03-2021, 09:14 PM)amadalso Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Guys
Cheers Big Grin
Amadalso

Greetings Amadalso & Welcome to the new Board after Fansonline was put to rest a few months ago. Great that you found us all alive & kicking especially in our current state of disintegration. Totally agree about your strange team selections especially recently from the Gasmen until now. Also even stranger playing formations. Great to hear about the "Good old Days" as well.
Love me a nostalgic old git post even though I'm 'only' 40. Welcome, veteran.