TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Sean raggett
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Linked with gillingham according to Alan Nixon.
If we do sign Bernard I can see something like this happening. We wouldn’t need 5 CB’s plus the likes of Ogilvie etc who can also play there.
Jamaica have just got knocked out of the CONCACAF by Mexico so maybe it's a signal Bernard is now able to discuss a deal.
Surprised! Despite what some on this forum say, too good for League 2.
I would prefer to keep Raggett although I did not realise that he was now over 30.
An old head in the middle of the defence is usually a good thing and with properly delivered corners he is usually one of our top scorers too.
You don't win anything with kids you know!
(16-07-2023, 11:09 AM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]I would prefer to keep Raggett although I did not realise that he was now over 30.
An old head in the middle of the defence is usually a good thing and with properly delivered corners he is usually one of our top scorers too.
You don't win anything with kids you know!

That’s why I think this could happen. He won’t be guaranteed a starting spot here and he’s in the last year of his deal. If gills offer him a 3 year deal it would be good for him. He is also from that area.
(16-07-2023, 09:35 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]Jamaica have just got knocked out of the CONCACAF by Mexico so maybe it's a signal Bernard is now able to discuss a deal.

Was that due to defensive frailties????

Someone mentioned that they’d seen him play recently and that he looked unimpressive.
With the defensive make-up we have now I'd prefer to stick with the older head of Raggett even if he isn't everybody's cup of tea. I wasn't massively impressed by Bernard but I suspect in time he can become a decent player. Of course if SR won't accept sitting on the bench (if that's what might happen) then I guess we are better getting rid than having an unhappy player.
(16-07-2023, 11:46 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-07-2023, 09:35 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]Jamaica have just got knocked out of the CONCACAF by Mexico so maybe it's a signal Bernard is now able to discuss a deal.

Someone mentioned that they’d seen him play recently and that he looked unimpressive.

Judge for yourself..

https://www.concacaf.com/gold-cup/video/...-v-mexico/
Winning POTS and being a donkey is peak Pompey.

Gave a shit though so fair fucks to him.
I'm sure I read a JM interview very recently where he considered Raggett his number one CB.

Positives - one of the best in the air in L1; puts his body on the line without fail
Negatives - dangerous lack of pace; positioning increasingly dodgy; looks like Jaws
We have to keep him... He always gives 100% and unlike others, he would play with his leg hanging off..
(16-07-2023, 11:46 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]

Because of our continued interest in Bernard, I watched him in his three Jamaica games. In each game, the play just seemed to pass him by. He made one or two contributions but just didn't seem to want to be involved that much. You can't say that about Sean Raggett.
I’m not sure there are many L1 players that have sparkling international careers, that’s why they are in L1 and not the prem.
Scored a decent goal though. 

About 2min30 in. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv-tcYbj...l=Concacaf
If we sell I’d rather we went for Taylor Moore.
Mary Tyler Moore
If Ragget goes I'd like to see us try to get Jack Tucker from MK Dons - he looked very good when he was at Gillingham.
....and Raggett is always available. Never injured, never off for weeks on some international thing, copes with some of our online fan's constant criticism
The younger defenders especially form the top leagues, tend not to be able to defend but look better on a highlights video.
Is his long passing particularly bad?
(16-07-2023, 03:37 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]If Ragget goes I'd like to see us try to get Jack Tucker from MK Dons - he looked very good when he was at Gillingham.

We should of tried to get him last summer
Should have
The use of a verb is always good. You can’t ‘of’ anything. A quite common mistake, if you don’t know.

We should have, or should’ve (to use the abbreviation commonly used).

If the other centre halves we have are better than Raggett then I have no problem with him leaving but I think he has been an excellent servant and will always do his best for Pompey. If we had another ten players who showed as much commitment then we probably wouldn’t still be in league 1.
(16-07-2023, 08:39 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]The use of a verb is always good. You can’t ‘of’ anything. A quite common mistake, if you don’t know.

We should have, or should’ve (to use the abbreviation commonly used).

If the other centre halves we have are better than Raggett then I have no problem with him leaving but I think he has been an excellent servant and will always do his best for Pompey. If we had another ten players who showed as much commitment then we probably wouldn’t still be in league 1.

Actually it's....."If we had had another ten players...." the first 'had' being the auxiliary verb and the second the main verb referring to a past before another past in the form of Past Perfect rather than Past Simple you used.

That's what you should of put.
Ok I’ll bite. Should have put.
I think GH was being ironic.
Pages: 1 2