TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Bosun Lawal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Football Insider reckons this Celtic defender is in our sights as a loan deal. Can't quite fathom why we would be interested in another centre-half, especially if Raggett is staying.
(21-07-2023, 08:26 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]Football Insider reckons this Celtic defender is in our sights as a loan deal. Can't quite fathom why we would be interested in another centre-half, especially if Raggett is staying.

With a name like Bosun, he will be right in tune with our maritime past. Big Grin
Not convinced that scottish defenders are the best either!
They used to be
He’s Nigerian
Seems a strange one for us, would understand if it was a perm deal but see no need to loan him.

Be surprised if it’s true.
Unless they’re trying to save money to buy a No 10. However looking at the players we have maybe he doesn’t want to play 4231 as we have enough attacking players to go 433
How many defenders do we need though?
True, unless the Raggett to Gillingham rumours are true. Personally I feel we’re well catered for in the CB mode.
Me too hence I thought it was an odd rumour.
Currently we have Raggett, Shaugnessy, Towler and Poole vying for two places. I guess we're putting the feelers out in case Ragget goes and we can't get or don't want Bernard.
(21-07-2023, 12:56 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]Currently we have Raggett, Shaugnessy, Towler and Poole vying for two places. I guess we're putting the feelers out in case Ragget goes and we can't get or don't want Bernard.

Sounds right to me.
At the age he is and with the abuse he gets online, I would not be at all surprised to see Raggett take up a last move, presumably Gillingham must be splashing a lot of cash about looking at the players they are signing.
I do think we will regret having a defence full of ball players if he does go. Midweek up north he does a job of work.
Maybe looking to play with 3 x CBs? 3-5-2 or 3-5-1-1.
Very much doubt it. Have you read any of the friendly reports? Not one game have played 3 at the back.
Mousinho saying he's as confused as we are about this link and has now ruled out the need for any more centre halves. So that's it with Bernard too.