TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Milton End
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Some great looking pictures of the completed entrance.
Away fans won't know where to take their photo now!
(25-07-2023, 04:53 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Some great looking pictures of the completed entrance.
Away fans won't know where to take their photo now!

I pass it most days- it's looking good. Way more solid than the computer projections indicated.
Will the hot water in the FE actually be hot this season? Stay tuned
Hot water?
At football?
We are definitely spoilt these days.

We used to be happy with an old sardine tin.
(25-07-2023, 10:08 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]Will the hot water in the FE actually be hot this season? Stay tuned

Don’t piss on your hands.
I have lost track of progress. Is Milton End only available to away fans until building work complete? Is that due by Xmas? Sorry if this is info available elsewhere!
(25-07-2023, 10:08 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]Will the hot water in the FE actually be hot this season? Stay tuned

Hot water? What are you, soft? Big Grin 

Just think of the CO2 you are releasing ffs.
(27-07-2023, 04:19 PM)FiftyYearsOn Wrote: [ -> ]I have lost track of progress. Is Milton End only available to away fans until building work complete? Is that due by Xmas? Sorry if this is info available elsewhere!

yes, only for away fans until the whole end is done and can be segregated for us too. 
Before Christmas yes, I can't recall the exact time scale
(26-07-2023, 12:07 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]

Don’t piss on your hands.

You're not factoring in the splashback from the bloke next to you!
Cold Bovil should be a crime punishable by flogging
And running out of food before half time is a crime especially if it's non-perishable.
(28-07-2023, 08:51 AM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]Cold Bovil should be a crime punishable by flogging

Any sort of Bovril!!!

Vile northern muck.
It’s historical football food, bovril and a pie.
(27-07-2023, 08:03 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-07-2023, 04:19 PM)FiftyYearsOn Wrote: [ -> ]I have lost track of progress. Is Milton End only available to away fans until building work complete? Is that due by Xmas? Sorry if this is info available elsewhere!

yes, only for away fans until the whole end is done and can be segregated for us too. 
Before Christmas yes, I can't recall the exact time scale

Thanks!!
As regards food, I would think fans tomorrow should take their own, we are never ever stocked up for the first friendly.
I still hold out the hope for a proper pasty.
(28-07-2023, 02:21 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]It’s historical football food, bovril and a pie.

Only up north or for people who have no tastebuds.

A pint and a pasty.
pasty yes
pint, maybe. and for the driver?
Two pints.

He deserves it.
sounds good, then take a taxi!
(28-07-2023, 11:10 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(28-07-2023, 08:51 AM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]Cold Bovil should be a crime punishable by flogging

Any sort of Bovril!!!

Vile northern muck.

Reminds me of the old Jasper Carrott sketch about watching Birmingham City at Man Utd

Jasper Carrott - The Football Match - YouTube

This was back in the 70s when Man U was a much more evil place to be.

Bits of this reminded me of sitting in the old main stand at Millwall watching Pompey but it was the bit about Bovril that came to mind here.
Had a look a the new entrance yesterday. God it looks shit.
(28-07-2023, 05:06 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]sounds good, then take a taxi!

Fook the taxi. If you can’t negotiate your way home after eight pints you shouldn’t be allowed to get behind the wheel to start with.Driving drunk should be a mandatory part of the test. Drink eight pints and a couple of cheeky chasers then turn up at the test centre and declare your readiness to participate. If nothing else it would keep the examiner on high alert.
My examiner was kept on high alert by having an inspector in the back seat assessing his testing prowess, which in a weird way relaxed me completely.
I always buy a programme. Had my £3 ready but as of yesterday it's card only payment. That aside I found Andrew Cullen's notes very informative. Project Milton End will be complete by November, it will be basically 3 x sections of approx 1000 seats. The South section (corner by the South stand) has the potential for STs with rail seating. A steward I know thinks they will offer 800 STs leaving around 200 for match day sales. The maximum number of away fans will be 2000 which roughly complies with EFL rules of 10% of capacity seats for away fans. When teams visit who don't bring many fans home fans will be able to buy seats in the middle section if there is the demand. During September we have a 3 week period without a home game. They are going to install 12 more rows of rail seating in the FE. Hope that is informative
(06-08-2023, 09:30 AM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]I always buy a programme. Had my £3 ready but as of yesterday it's card only payment. That aside I found Andrew Cullen's notes very informative. Project Milton End will be complete by November,  it will be basically 3 x sections of approx 1000 seats. The South section (corner by the South stand) has the potential for STs with rail seating. A steward I know thinks they will offer 800 STs leaving around 200 for match day sales. The maximum number of away fans will be 2000 which roughly complies with EFL rules of 10% of capacity seats for away fans. When teams visit who don't bring many fans home fans will be able to buy seats in the middle section if there is the demand. During September we have a 3 week period without a home game. They are going to install 12 more rows of rail seating in the FE. Hope that is informative

All of that was said in the AC interview earlier in the week. There’s 40 min interview on YouTube.
Pages: 1 2