TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Wimbledon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
No Bishop or Raggett apparently.
Can we read anything into that? Just rested or Raggers on his way? Rafferty captain.
Bishop fine just stiff after first run out last friendly. Raggett back spasm.
Shocking 45min not one shot on goal. No decent crosses. Same old. Hopefully 2nd half will be better.
Gives the second half team something to go for.
Lost 1.0. Stevenson o.g
Oops. Still that loss means as little as the 9-1 win against Crawley. Shame Lane picked up an injury.
I think the game we must judge ourselves on is yhe BC game.
I'm disappointed for the 1200 pompey fans at the game. Poor fare for them.
I’m not disappointed at all, it’s a friendly , the result doesn’t matter it’s more about the players gelling, learning new formations/ tactics etc. Yes it’s nice to win and I’ll be at the BC friendly but I’ll be more concerned about the players efforts, willingness etc than the result.
I’ll be really interested in results once the season starts.
I’m a bit disappointed. We should be gelling a little by now. Strange to go from 9-1 to 0-1 in a few days. Maybe Lee Brown had a blinder!
Lee Brown did have a good second-half and Swanson was put under a lot of pressure.

It was all a bit tedious.

Saydee put himself about a bit in the first 45-minutes, but corners and free-kicks were wasted.

Lane went off towards the end and we played the last 5 minutes with 10 men.
Doesn't sound great & a slightly ominous & let's hope we play better against BC on Saturday.

Why did we play with 10 men for last 5 minutes?

Used up all subs I assume?

Need that no. 10 still.
Is more turgid garbage on its way in 2023? Time will tell but if it is we have loads of new players to choose from. I hope they aren’t all poo
There is absolutely nothing to take from a preseason friendly, win or lose.
Except there is. The injuries are clocking up six months early!
I’m sure there’s hardly a team in any division whose players aren’t picking pre season injuries/ niggles. It’s part of the game, they’re not robots.
(25-07-2023, 05:56 PM)FiftyYearsOn Wrote: [ -> ]Bishop fine just stiff after first run out last friendly. Raggett back spasm.

He’s probably stiff quite a lot after recently getting married  Smile
Looking at the News ratings for players. Interesting that our first picks mostly scored low. Suggests they are treating it as a pre season friendly and keeping something in the tank for when it really matters.
Well, lets hope so anyway.
Why go balls out for a friendly, pick up a bad injury and miss the beginning of the season. I’m more than happy how we seem to be progressing. As long as it all clicks together on the 5th August & onwards.
The BC game should show where we are with tactics and partnerships within that framework.
The fact we pretty much had the team in place weeks ago means that we've had not just time to develop those relationships but implement plays and structures. JM must know what his starting 11 looks like even if we don't.
Something different for this season for me is our ability to change personal into same position with different attributes. The News had alluded yo yhat today with Connor Ogilvie and young Sprakes