TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Jack Whatmough Time Machine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
36 years old according to the News.

"The former Pompey defender has quit the Latics because of repeated contractual breaches under the club’s previous ownership.

The 36-year-old took the decision to depart just five months after penning a new two-and-a-half-year deal with the SW Stadium outfit in May, after swapping the south coast for the north west in the summer of 2021."
Wow how time flies. Seems like only yesterday he was 26.
I guess he's already fixed himself up with a club. What pity we didn't go for him along with their other disaffected player Will Keane who ended up at Preston. He scored a shed-load of goals to get Wigan up from League One and would have given Bishop a real run for his money.
(27-07-2023, 08:22 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]I guess he's already fixed himself up with a club. What pity we didn't go for him along with their other disaffected player Will Keane who ended up at Preston. He scored a shed-load of goals to get Wigan up from League One and would have given Bishop a real run for his money.

You are very likely to be correct on that one.
Bring him back ?!! Don't be silly, we couldn't possibly afford him...least ways that's what we'd be told.
Anyway isn't he supposed to be injury prone?
Been outed by a disgruntled Wigan fan for cheating on his mrs on twitter
(27-07-2023, 07:47 AM)FiftyYearsOn Wrote: [ -> ]Wow how time flies. Seems like only yesterday he was 26.
28 in August according to wiki!?
(27-07-2023, 08:22 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]I guess he's already fixed himself up with a club. What pity we didn't go for him along with their other disaffected player Will Keane who ended up at Preston. He scored a shed-load of goals to get Wigan up from League One and would have given Bishop a real run for his money.

So if you were Will Keane, living in the North West, and you had the choice of joining League 1 Pompey (assuming we would match the wages), or Championship Preston, who would you join?

The same applies to Jack of course.
The sane and the same, Gaff. How u keeping by the way?
(27-07-2023, 10:31 AM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]The sane and the same, Gaff. How u keeping by the way?

Big Grin Morning dsmg, how are you mush?

Well apart from not wearing my glasses enough, I’m not too bad.

I am pissed off by this crap weather though (despite being told every day that it will be 40 
degrees). Looking forward to the first league game.

Roll on summer and PUP.
(27-07-2023, 10:22 AM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]

So if you were Will Keane, living in the North West, and you had the choice of joining League 1 Pompey (assuming we would match the wages), or Championship Preston, who would you join?

The sane applies to Jack of course.

Oops, for some reason I thought they were in League One. Was thinking of Bolton. Easy to get those two mixed up as they are both up north. [Image: wink.png]
Looking forward to the season too, Gaff. We’re due as the Yanks say. Too long faffing around with the minnows, he said patronizingly. The weather’s a bummer, we’re probably paying for the weeks on end of lovely weather last summer. Actually the south of Europe is frying and burning. Careful where you go for your hols. We’re booked into Albania for a week in the summer, hotels for 35 quid a night, brekky included. Hope they’re not like Fawlty’s and hope we don’t get shipped off somewhere else due to fires like those poor buggers on Rhodes and Corfu. Sicily’s turn now. Anyone been to Albania? The Adriatic coast’s supposed to be beautiful.
(27-07-2023, 11:05 AM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Looking forward to the season too, Gaff. We’re due as the Yanks say. Too long faffing around with the minnows, he said patronizingly. The weather’s a bummer, we’re probably paying for the weeks on end of lovely weather last summer. Actually the south of Europe is frying and burning. Careful where you go for your hols. We’re booked into Albania for a week in the summer, hotels for 35 quid a night, brekky included. Hope they’re not like Fawlty’s and hope we don’t get shipped off somewhere else due to fires like those poor buggers on Rhodes and  Corfu. Sicily’s turn now. Anyone been to Albania? The Adriatic coast’s supposed to be beautiful.

Albania eh? Sounds excellent mush. I’ve never been there so keep us informed about it, definitely a place I’d be interested in.

Yes it’s a bummer what’s going on in Rhodes, Corfu and Sicily and my heart goes out to all the locals who rely on tourism for their living and, of course, those holidaymakers who have been left stranded with no hotel. Reminds me of a last minute trip I made to Kos once with a couple of mates. We took a cheap flight without checking the hotel situation, the place was full. Fortunately we got chatting to a local geezer in a bar and he managed to get us sorted in a private house. Obviously we didn’t have wild fires to deal with though.

It is worth putting these things in context, these fires were caused by carelessness and/or arson. Actually, in terms of acreage, the fires in Europe this year are not particularly exceptional. The difference now is that the media are on their ‘we’re all going to die’ crusade and are concentrating on these things more. Doomsday sells after all.

I had to laugh last week when there was a ‘climate correspondent’ reporting from a beach somewhere talking about the apocalyptic temperatures, he didn’t seem to notice the sun worshippers on the beach behind him who were having a fine holiday. A bit like that CNN reporter who famously said ‘it’s a mainly peaceful protest’ to the backdrop of burning buildings and cars  Big Grin .

We really do live in a strange world.

Anyway have fun mate and I hope you enjoy Albania, I’m sure you will.
Wigan fans are almost famous for the way they go after critics on Twitter. They tend to call people coke heads, cheats and homosexuals.

I'm sure Jack is crying himself to sleep every night about it.
Signed yesterday for Preston
That's a move up in club.
(03-08-2023, 10:23 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Signed yesterday for Preston

After what he has allegedly been up to it is  prophetic thar he has signed for who Blackpool fans call...........     " The Nobbers "  Big Grin

After Middlesbrough, Preston is probably one of the nicest places to live in the UK, with slightly more rain than Middlesbrough but maybe less toxic fumes.

Money talks.
(03-08-2023, 08:40 PM)66zoolane Wrote: [ -> ]

After Middlesbrough, Preston is probably one of the nicest places to live in the UK, with slightly more rain than Middlesbrough but maybe less toxic fumes.

Money talks.

He doesn't have to live in Preston - no doubt the one of the attractions is that he will not have to move house from wherever he is now.  Wigan & Preston can only be 20 miles or so apart