TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Disturbing rumour
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Has anyone else heard the latest rumour 
Which explains our poor form 
A month ago Catlin was told to cut players wage bill 
By 40 % , and so all players are now looking for new clubs and obviously don’t give a fuck 
Whatmough is off to a championship deal agreed . Eisners can’t afford for us to go up 
This explains the poor results and lack of motivation for the last 3 to 4 weeks 
So maybe if true ,you can’t blame kenny it’s our owners fault
(09-03-2021, 11:49 AM)Going nowhere Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone else heard the latest rumour 
By 40 % , and so all players are now looking for new clubs and obviously don’t give a fuck 
Whatmough is off to a championship deal agreed . Eisners can’t afford for us to go up 

There is a cold logic to the rumour; but where did the rumour emanate from? It could be a little Golden nugget of inside information, or just someone, bored and pissing in the wind?
Might be this old news.

Mark Catlin's wage warning for Portsmouth's 11 out-of-contract players
Mark Catlin has warned Pompey’s out-of-contract players that wage expectations must still be lowered – despite the removal Football League salary cap shackles.
By Neil Allen
Wednesday, 10th February 2021, 12:17 pm
Interesting if true. But on the more positive side. All players should be playing for new contracts because most other clubs in Divs 1 & 2 will be even worse off financially.
(09-03-2021, 11:49 AM)Going nowhere Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone else heard the latest rumour 

40% sounds like a figure made up by someone to paint the club in a bad light, or it might have been what was needed if the salary cap was kept . 

5%-10% is far more likely surely ? Which may still piss a few off, but they won't get more elsewehere in the lower leagues.
How about younger,hungrier players in on performance related pay?
(09-03-2021, 12:06 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

40% sounds like a figure made up by someone to paint the club in a bad light, or it might have been what was needed if the salary cap was kept . 

5%-10% is far more likely surely ? Which may still piss a few off, but they won't get more elsewehere in the lower leagues.

I'd say that makes more sense than the OP.
Whatmough going to a Championship club gives this away as utter bollocks. No one north of League 1 is touching those knees (sorry I know he's our boy but let's call it exactly as it is)
(09-03-2021, 12:52 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Whatmough going to a Championship club gives this away as utter bollocks. No one north of League 1 is touching those knees (sorry I know he's our boy but let's call it exactly as it is)

"Whatmough going to a Championship club gives this away as utter bollocks"

I predict you will come to regret that statement. If he stays fit he could easily get a championship club, the only affect his knees will have is reduce the fee dramatically. But if his contract expires then that is not a problem and he could easily get snapped up by someone like QPR. 
(09-03-2021, 11:49 AM)Going nowhere Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone else heard the latest rumour 

How on earth can anyone say Eisners can't afford for us to go up.
They may not want to spend,but they are billionairs
(09-03-2021, 01:17 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-03-2021, 12:52 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Whatmough going to a Championship club gives this away as utter bollocks. No one north of League 1 is touching those knees (sorry I know he's our boy but let's call it exactly as it is)

I predict you will come to regret that statement. If he stays fit he could easily get a championship club, the only affect his knees will have is reduce the fee dramatically. But if his contract expires then that is not a problem and he could easily get snapped up by someone like QPR. 
(09-03-2021, 03:24 PM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-03-2021, 01:17 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

He’d struggle to pass the medical.

He might get a ‘pay as you play’ deal, but nobody will risk it otherwise.

Shame, he’s a good player, it is what it is though.
This is a great example of what you get when you mix:

Underachieving big club
Fan expectation
Inexperienced ownership
Impotent CEO
Awful man management manager
Self important players

It's a big old 'clusterfuck' and leads to the situation we have where our players have given up, the manager doesnt know what to do and the CEO cant do anything about it.
(09-03-2021, 02:20 PM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]

How on earth can anyone say Eisners can't afford for us to go up.
They may not want to spend,but they are billionairs

They might be billionaires, at least Daddy Eisner is, but that doesn't mean they are going to spunk their personal wealth on the club.  The club is a business within Tornante and that's what makes them their money.

If you think the owners are going to put their hands in their own pockets then I'd imagine you're in for a very long wait.
We have been bankrupted by paying wages beyond what we could afford on several occasions. If after a year of virtually nil income we have to cut wages to match, then so be it. All other properly run clubs will be doing the same.
Might have to put some sort of profit share in to top up their wages if the clubs are allowed to fully reopen the grounds.
If we are limited to 5K or so for another season, then there seems no option to me.
I thought he goverment announced that from 21st June all restrictions would be lifted assuming there are no surges in numbers or hospital admissions. The news on the vaccine is very positive, from that i assume Pompey will ge playing in front of full crowds again next season. Although judging how they are playing currently those crowds could be considerably lower than in recent seasons.
I thought he goverment announced that from 21st June all restrictions would be lifted assuming there are no surges in numbers or hospital admissions. The news on the vaccine is very positive, from that i assume Pompey will ge playing in front of full crowds again next season. Although judging how they are playing currently those crowds could be considerably lower than in recent seasons.
Rick Pumpkin, clearly Michael Eisner isn't going to spunk his own money on Pompey !

A stark contrast with his attitude at Disney when their ventures into Ice Hockey (Anaheim) and Baseball (Angels) cost Disney north of $300 million, it could have been worse, Disney’s proposed $100 million ‘ investment’ into The Red Penguins (aka CSKA Moscow) fell apart when the Russian co- investors took fright when the Russian Mafia got involved.

Clearly Eisner is free spending with other people’s money but somewhat parsimonious with his own, maybe that’s why he has £1.67 illion.
(09-03-2021, 10:29 PM)Wightblue Wrote: [ -> ]Rick Pumpkin, clearly Michael Eisner isn't going to spunk his own money on Pompey !

A stark contrast with his attitude at Disney when their ventures into Ice Hockey (Anaheim) and Baseball (Angels) cost Disney north of $300 million, it could have been worse, Disney’s proposed $100 million ‘ investment’ into The Red Penguins (aka CSKA Moscow) fell apart when the Russian co- investors took fright when the Russian Mafia got involved.

Clearly Eisner is free spending with other people’s money but somewhat parsimonious with his own, maybe that’s why he has £1.67  illion.

"Parsi-what"?? How did that get past the moderator?
(09-03-2021, 10:29 PM)Wightblue Wrote: [ -> ]Rick Pumpkin, clearly Michael Eisner isn't going to spunk his own money on Pompey !

Clearly Eisner is free spending with other people’s money but somewhat parsimonious with his own, maybe that’s why he has £1.67  illion.

That's a businessman for you WB, always spend someone else's money, never your own.

(10-03-2021, 07:34 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]"Parsi-what"?? How did that get past the moderator?

I would have used penurious myself, but good to see Wightblue raising the standards on here  Big Grin
(10-03-2021, 08:33 AM)Rick Pumpkin Wrote: [ -> ]

That's a businessman for you WB, always spend someone else's money, never your own.

(10-03-2021, 07:34 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]"Parsi-what"?? How did that get past the moderator?

I would have used penurious myself, but good to see Wightblue raising the standards on here  Big Grin
For the benefit those of us who are less read can we just call him a tight arse?
(10-03-2021, 08:38 AM)Jezzer Wrote: [ -> ]For the benefit those of us who are less read can we just call him a tight arse?

That's probably a better fit tbh.
(09-03-2021, 10:00 PM)Northstandgeorge Wrote: [ -> ]I thought he goverment announced that from 21st June all restrictions would be lifted assuming there are no surges in numbers or hospital admissions. The news on the vaccine is very positive, from that i assume Pompey will ge playing in front of full crowds again next season. Although judging how they are playing currently those crowds could be considerably lower than in recent seasons.

Well I hope you are right NSG.

Judging by the recent statements from Witty and Valance however, the twin doom mongers who sadly advise the government, I wouldn’t be confident of full crowds, or anything approaching full crowds.

They seem to be working from a ‘zero COVID’ standpoint and that is clearly not possible.

Once the vaccines have been fully rolled out, there is no excuse whatsoever to continue with these insane lockdowns. I think Witty and co have grown fond of the limelight and are reluctant to relinquish it. They are probably scrabbling around looking for a new ‘doomsday variant’ as we speak ffs.
Time will tell
(10-03-2021, 08:47 AM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-03-2021, 10:00 PM)Northstandgeorge Wrote: [ -> ]I thought he goverment announced that from 21st June all restrictions would be lifted assuming there are no surges in numbers or hospital admissions. The news on the vaccine is very positive, from that i assume Pompey will ge playing in front of full crowds again next season. Although judging how they are playing currently those crowds could be considerably lower than in recent seasons.

Well I hope you are right NSG.

Judging by the recent statements from Witty and Valance however, the twin doom mongers who sadly advise the government, I wouldn’t be confident of full crowds, or anything approaching full crowds.

They seem to be working from a ‘zero COVID’ standpoint and that is clearly not possible.

Once the vaccines have been fully rolled out, there is no excuse whatsoever to continue with these insane lockdowns. I think Witty and co have grown fond of the limelight and are reluctant to relinquish it. They are probably scrabbling around looking for a new ‘doomsday variant’ as we speak ffs.

No, it will be those pesky Aliens, we will all have to stay in doors and hide under the duvet.
Pages: 1 2