TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Playing time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know it’s been a while since a game lasted 90 mins but new rules/ enforcements for this season is interesting. Travellers beware. 

https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/2023...e-keeping/
Yes.Could be some long nights ahead. It's about time that feigned injuries were clamped down on.
Fully support the changes and long overdue
(28-07-2023, 10:05 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Travellers beware. 

Slightly confused at first. Couldn't see how this could possibly affect the Roma community!
Seems a very sensible set of changes.
Most simple and effective one left out though.

Goal kicks. Force them to be taken from the side the goalkeeper retrieves the ball.
(28-07-2023, 10:56 AM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]Fully support the changes and long overdue

Absolutely. Wycombe, Bristol Rovers etc beware.
After a goal is scored make the ball the property of the ref.
He picks it up, takes it back to the middle and kicks off.
You're still hugging behind the goal? Tough.

As it is, the rules will be imposed for about a month, the managers and players will have a good whinge and all will go back to normal.

Also in those rules was a comment that physical play will be ignored more. Does that mean defenders will be able to carry on hugging strikers as the ball comes in.
Get ready for goalkeepers rolling around on the floor every week then
Hammie, i am not sure if they mean physical play will be ignored throughout the pitch?

Or, .... will defenders still have carte blanche to play the grab the nearest opponent game in the penalty area ?
(29-07-2023, 08:07 AM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]Hammie, i am not sure if they mean physical play will be ignored throughout the pitch?

Or, .... will defenders still have carte blanche to play the grab the nearest opponent game in the  penalty area ?

I'm not sure quite what they meant.
But the current way of defending is completely ridiculous and just needs referees brave enough to enforce the laws of the game. All forms of rugby tackle or bear hug should be given a straight red, then it would stop.
It does make the FA and their rules appear worthless - or - when is a rule not a rule ?

Answers on a limp lettuce to Lancaster Gate !
The FA have to openly and regularly support all the officials. Start by fining every manager who says anything about decisions other than "I could not do the job, so won't criticise those who do"
(31-07-2023, 08:21 AM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]It does make the FA and their rules appear worthless - or - when is a rule not a rule ?

Answers on a limp lettuce to Lancaster Gate !

The FA have always adopted the IFAB laws of the game so no change there.  The FA does not have any laws of the game of its own. 

In fact the FA is the leading member of the IFAB with the 4 British associations (England, Scotland, Wales & N.Ireland) getting one vote each,and the rest of the world only another 4 votes between them.