TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Tino Anjorin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
It’s all gone very quiet. Any news or rumours doing the rounds? As an aside given JM’s comments about having regard to a players injury/availability how is Tino on Pompey’s radar in the first place?
Because he can play the number 10 role
But his availability ……?
(29-07-2023, 08:07 AM)blueinbrum3 Wrote: [ -> ]It’s all gone very quiet. Any news or rumours doing the rounds? As an aside given JM’s comments about having regard to a players injury/availability how is Tino on Pompey’s radar in the first place?

I would think Jon Harley knows all about him from his time at Chelsea
Looks like he’s going to Holland
(29-07-2023, 08:59 AM)blueinbrum3 Wrote: [ -> ]But his availability ……?

He’s been unlucky they aren’t persistent injuries.

If Chelsea had doubts they would ditch him, there’s plenty of interested clubs.
(29-07-2023, 09:12 AM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like he’s going to Holland

Right place for a Tanjorin
(29-07-2023, 09:41 AM)Kingo Wrote: [ -> ]

Right place for a Tanjorin

There’s more in Blackpool surely?
This deal is still alive apparently but is anyone else rather underwhelmed by this fella as the key midfielder/play-maker we're looking for? He's 21 and has played just 30 senior games. Yes, he comes from an excellent academy but then so did Dane Scarlett. I would like to see an experienced head in this position.

Someone.........................

.................like.................................................................Ben Thompson!
(04-08-2023, 08:46 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]This deal is still alive apparently but is anyone else rather underwhelmed by this fella as the key midfielder/play-maker we're looking for? He's 21 and has played just 30 senior games. Yes, he comes from an excellent academy but then so did Dane Scarlett. I would like to see an experienced head in this position.

Someone.........................

.................like.................................................................Ben Thompson!

Only 21 and he’s played prem, champs league and championship.

He’s no Dane Scarlett.
Hmm.....I'd still prefer an older head pulling the strings.
I'd totally forgotten about him tbh but Pompey are still pursuing him apparantly.

Yep....
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/portsmouth-tra...17584.html
Looks like the player we've been crying out for, physical & skillful....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38itA-cpj58&t=84s
Could always be a smokescreen from Pompey, saying they are pursuing him. On the whole they tend to announce a signing only after they have them on the dotted line.
I remember when the club really did sign a player based on a YouTube video. Total disaster. Any guesses?
As mentioned above, I'd prefer to see a Harry type signing to help Robertson or other youngsters. An old head who is on his last year or two but has skill and experience to offer. I picture Merson making the "get the ball signs" to all of his team mates every time Pompey scored a goal for instance.
(22-08-2023, 10:17 AM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]As mentioned above, I'd prefer to see a Harry type signing to help Robertson or other youngsters. An old head who is on his last year or two but has skill and experience to offer. I picture Merson making the "get the ball signs" to all of his team mates every time Pompey scored a goal for instance.

Would JM put up with a player like Merse not training like the rest of the team? lol Rolleyes
The older head trope is a way to win, not _the_ way to win.

We are four games in and we want to abandon the strategy and change it?

This is the first time under the Eisners that we have a strategic rather than a tactical approach.

Let's give it some time?
only one and to help the youngsters such as robertson
I'm pretty sure they mentioned having mix of young and old as per most succesful teams (not all of course)

bringing in the mentioned Chelsea youngish player to play next to another loan youngster in central mid would be high quality but possibly lacking experience and nous at this level.
(22-08-2023, 12:18 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]only one and to help the youngsters such as robertson
I'm pretty sure they mentioned having mix of young and old as per most succesful teams (not all of course)

bringing in the mentioned Chelsea youngish player to play next to another loan youngster in central mid would be high quality but possibly lacking experience and nous at this level.

I appreciate L1 is a step up from the Champions League but I reckon he’d cope.
(22-08-2023, 12:45 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(22-08-2023, 12:18 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]only one and to help the youngsters such as robertson

a very different style of play
technically, no problem of course
but all the rest of it such as Thompson major was the past master at. 
I would love to see such a player here, but teamed up with Robertson, perhaps not.
Both of them as a partnership with an older head alongside and alternating a bit might be better?
(22-08-2023, 01:04 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]
(22-08-2023, 12:45 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

a very different style of play
technically, no problem of course
but all the rest of it such as Thompson major was the past master at. 
I would love to see such a player here, but teamed up with Robertson, perhaps not.
Both of them as a partnership with an older head alongside and alternating a bit might be better?

I don’t think it’s likely they would be played together, wouldn’t fit our formation.
Anjorin is not a nipper he’s 23 and should be approaching his peak. We have senior players like Raggett, Pack and Stevenson for guidance along with experienced pros Rafferty, Poole, Whyte, Scully etc. No excuses, if you don’t know what to do as a professional footballer by the time you’re 23 ,it’s time to feck off and stack shelves somewhere.
(22-08-2023, 01:48 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Anjorin is not a nipper he’s 23 and should be approaching his peak. We have senior players like Raggett, Pack and Stevenson for guidance along with experienced pros Rafferty, Poole, Whyte, Scully etc. No excuses, if you don’t know what to do as a professional footballer by the time you’re 23 ,it’s time to feck off and stack shelves somewhere.

If he stays fit he will be the best player in the league well at least one of them!
Pages: 1 2 3 4