TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
 Norris, Rafferty, Poole, Shaughnessy, Ogilvie, Pack, Morrell, Lowery, Whyte, Bishop, Scully.
lol thats what happens when you copy and paste rocketman Wink
Is it on Express FM? If not what radio channel can I pick it up on?
(29-07-2023, 01:31 PM)Who_Am_I? Wrote: [ -> ]lol thats what happens when you copy and paste rocketman Wink

Yes, but quicker than typing ;-)
(29-07-2023, 01:51 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]Is it on Express FM? If not what radio channel can I pick it up on?

Thanks hopefully I can pick it up here on the net
I put it on and it was the scummers. I want to take back that like
Slent have the Cherries v Atalanta on.
(29-07-2023, 02:15 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Slent have the Cherries v Atalanta on.

Cherries FFS
(29-07-2023, 02:15 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Slent have the Cherries v Atalanta on.

Brilliant I will just put it on now…  #sarcasmifyouwerentsure
(29-07-2023, 01:58 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]
(29-07-2023, 01:31 PM)Who_Am_I? Wrote: [ -> ]lol thats what happens when you copy and paste rocketman Wink

Yes, but quicker than typing ;-)

Which is great if you were trained in Bletchley Park!
its odd how completely uninteresting football commentary of some random friendly is!
Losing 1-0
How did we play today?
It was an okay peformance with the biggest beef maybe that we didn't create many chances. The second half looked better but City had made seven changes - presumably their second-choice players - so it was difficult to judge that. 
Bright sparks was Poole and Sparks while the right-back slot looks like a real tussle betwen Rafferty and Swanson who looked excellent. 
Kamara looked a bit lost while I thought Saydee would have miore impact when he came on.
Towler looks better that Shaunessy and I guess he will line up with Poole next week.
Happy with Norris whose distribition looked solid and he made one good save.
MotM - Pack.
No injuries by the sound of it. Should we read anything at all into failing to score in the final 2 friendlies? Suggested above a lack of creativity which is where we finished last season.. are we still in need of that mysterious number 10 person?
(29-07-2023, 04:07 PM)FiftyYearsOn Wrote: [ -> ]No injuries by the sound of it. Should we read anything at all into failing to score in the final 2 friendlies? Suggested above a lack of creativity which is where we finished last season.. are we still in need of that mysterious number 10 person?

I'm wondering if goals are going to be a problem this year. Very reliant on colby last year and no real goalscoring midfielders or Bobby big bollix striker purchased either. Hopefully this aussie chap can bang in a few once he gets a run in the side.
Friendlies out of the way. Time for the real thing.
Usually there is a last minute arrival or departure.
Counting down.
(29-07-2023, 04:33 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Friendlies out of the way. Time for the real thing.
Usually there is a large minute arrival or departure.
Counting down.

Hammie, aren't minute arrivals a bit on the small side?
I don’t normally do friendlies but it was a chance to meet up with a few mates. TBH it was a case of same old same old. Scully is definitely an improvement as is Poole, not sure about Norris but it was just one game. Over run in midfield again plus we loose a lot of height playing Lowrey and Morrell. Morrell still got involved in a few jiggles especially with their number eight. I thought Whyte was not much better than Dale on this showing but it’s early days. Kamara looked useful and Saydee puts himself about.
Next week should be interesting.
Yes it was a friendly so I’m trying not to read too much into it. No injuries that was main thing. MOTM for me, split between Poole and Scully.
I thought there was nothing to shout about as one of league 1's favourites.
We looked average and light both ends.
Poole is a good acquisition and so is scully. Whyte at this time looks 'average'. There most be so much more to come otherwise I'm questioning JM!
I might be being pessimistic and BC were better than I thought but actually I think BC were nothing special bur we were less than impressive.
'Friendlies' are done. Now its serious and let's hope we get off to a 'flyer'. I think we need to because if we don't, this could come on top, real quick!
I was not impressed
We know friendlies mean nothing. We scored none in the last two friendlies, but 9 in the last three. Based on that, will Crawley ship 9 a game and are Wimbledon capable of consistently beating L1 sides?

This is a definite top 6 squad, possibly challenging for top 2, depending on how it's managed.
After today I think central midfield is a worry. I don’t know much about Stevenson but I’m hoping he’s an improvement on Pack( who I like but he’s either trying too hard or something but it’s just not clicking - same as Lowery tbh).
I must be about the only one not bothered about "friendly" results. To me it is just a case of getting players used to playing matches again after a 3 month break. None of the players are going to be going 100% all out in order to negate the risk of injury before they kick a ball in anger.

We have good options in goal & defensive positions. I hope Moose realises that it is either Morrell or Lowery not both & today was a smokescreen for Bristol Rovers & Bloomsbury Barton.

There are plenty of options to support Bishop - hopefully at least 2/3 of those pay off.
Didn’t Pack get MOM? Maybe I dreamt it
Pages: 1 2