TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Radio Scumlent Fans Forum just started ..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Andy Moonface hosting, The Moose, Jay Sadler for the Women, Andy Cullen & Marlon Pack.
Some Tosser just asked Andy Cullen in so many words if he was going to "do one" if we didn't get promoted this year.

I thought AC  handled him pretty well & gave a frank & honest reply to the dinlo.
Proper pashun
It should be available on BBC Sound App from tomorrow. Personally didnt think there was anything on there that we didn't already know.

As above a few dinlo type questions were asked though which were quite amusing.
(31-07-2023, 06:40 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]Some Tosser just asked Andy Cullen in so many words if he was going to "do one" if we didn't get promoted this year.

I thought AC  handled him pretty well & gave a frank & honest reply to the dinlo.

He went on a bit, but he's allowed his opinion. And what's wrong with putting a bit of pressure on Cullen from time to time? Makes a change from Cullen talking about adding more concessions or ladies toilets as if that's going to get us promoted. He was in charge during that period where we went down the loan signings path, he was also there when our ill-fated medical team were doing their stuff, so he is accountable as much as more obvious targets for our long-term hibernation.

Had a look at the Milton End. The back end looks tidier but that away entry gate is as tacky as it looked in the drawings. Honestly looks like an entrance to Walt Disney Florida. Maybe it'll look better when it's weathered (he says hopefully).
(31-07-2023, 06:40 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]Some Tosser just asked Andy Cullen in so many words if he was going to "do one" if we didn't get promoted this year.

I thought it was a decent question actually.
(01-08-2023, 06:57 AM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]

He went on a bit, but he's allowed his opinion. And what's wrong with putting a bit of pressure on Cullen from time to time? Makes a change from Cullen talking about adding more concessions or ladies toilets as if that's going to get us promoted. He was in charge during that period where we went down the loan signings path, he was also there when our ill-fated medical team were doing their stuff, so he is accountable as much as more obvious targets for our long-term hibernation.

Had a look at the Milton End. The back end looks tidier but that away entry gate is as tacky as it looked in the drawings. Honestly looks like an entrance to Walt Disney Florida. Maybe it'll look better when it's weathered (he says hopefully).

Why do you care what the away entrance looks like? It’s not going to get us promoted is it?

The club gave DC the reins to sign tue players he wanted and the club had an award winning medical team that the manager ignored, and its AC’s a fault?

Can you name anything about PFC you are happy with?
Andy Cullen is the CEO - he tells Tornante what needs to be done groundwise, spent on the training ground & how much formerly DC or now RH/JM or the Academy need for the playing side.

Tornante then budget £xxxx for this, £xxxx for that etc etc, wtf that Tosser wanted AC to resign if we don't get promoted is ridiculous.

What has AC got to do with how the team performs ffs ?
(01-08-2023, 09:37 AM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]Andy Cullen is the CEO - he tells Tornante what needs to be done groundwise, spent on the training ground  & how much formerly DC or now RH/JM or the Academy need for the playing side.

Tornante then budget £xxxx for this, £xxxx for that etc etc, wtf that Tosser wanted AC to resign if we don't  get promoted is ridiculous.

What has AC got to do with how the team performs ffs ?

Cullen has overseen a successful - essential - overhaul of Fratton Park.
He has also overseen the establishment of the current football hierachy at the club. If it turns out the Hughes-Mousinho hub brings success he will be entitled to all the plaudits but equally, although resigning is not an issue, failure will mean he will have earned all the brickbats heading in his direction.
Years ago we only knew the names of players and managers. In today's 'instant gratification and I must know everything times' why do we feel the need to question everything our CEO does? we have a fans liaison officer,we have forums etc . If they really fuck up and start going down the Chaneri route then that's the time to panic or query.
I for one think that FP is in the best state it's been in for decades. Yes there's room for improvement and I'm sure capacity will and can be increased when the time comes to warrant it. How about we let them get on with their jobs without questioning every little detail.
(01-08-2023, 11:27 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Years ago we only knew the names of players and managers. In today's 'instant gratification and I must know everything times' why do we feel the need to question everything our CEO does? we have a fans liaison officer,we have forums etc . If they really fuck up and start going down the Chaneri route then that's the time to panic or query.
I for one think that FP is in the best state it's been in for decades. Yes there's room for improvement and I'm sure capacity will and can be increased when the time comes to warrant it. How about we let them get on with their jobs without questioning every little detail.

Imagine 30 years ago demanding to know what the transfer and playing budgets are!
(01-08-2023, 08:59 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

Why do you care what the away entrance looks like? It’s not going to get us promoted is it?

The club gave DC the reins to sign tue players he wanted and the club had an award winning medical team that the manager ignored, and its AC’s a fault?

This is a forum where you express opinions. In my opinion, the entrance looks shite and, at no point, did I connect that to gaining promotion. 

Who appointed dc? Who allowed an inexperienced manager to apparently spunk loads of cash on loans? Are you saying that the ceo of a club should take no responsibility for six years or so of utter failure? AC is in charge of this club so he has to take responsibility for the "award winning medical team" that our new coach and dof ditched without even waiting for replacements? If we get promoted then Cullens deserves to take the plaudits just as he should take the criticism when some of his decisions have adverse outcomes.

I think Cullen answered the question pretty well actually and I was pleased about the plans for the academy and links to the local clubs. He also gave more details of some of the behind the scenes stuff going on with regards to fitness etc that i thought was positive. We are getting there but, as fans, we should grab any opportunity to air our views with those in charge of the controls and we would hear nothing if we didnt question things.. Hopefully, this year they will finally get things right.

You're perfectly entitled to follow Cullen so keenly, but the likes of deacon, Gregory, mandaric and the others makes me naturally cautious. 

Mourinho out. (Joking obviously)
(01-08-2023, 01:05 PM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]

This is a forum where you express opinions. In my opinion, the entrance looks shite and, at no point, did I connect that to gaining promotion. 

Who appointed dc? Who allowed an inexperienced manager to apparently spunk loads of cash on loans? Are you saying that the ceo of a club should take no responsibility for six years or so of utter failure? AC is in charge of this club so he has to take responsibility for the "award winning medical team" that our new coach and dof ditched without even waiting for replacements? If we get promoted then Cullens deserves to take the plaudits just as he should take the criticism when some of his decisions have adverse outcomes.

I think Cullen answered the question pretty well actually and I was pleased about the plans for the academy and links to the local clubs. He also gave more details of some of the behind the scenes stuff going on with regards to fitness etc that i thought was positive. We are getting there but, as fans, we should grab any opportunity to air our views with those in charge of the controls and we would hear nothing if we didnt question things.. Hopefully, this year they will finally get things right.

You're perfectly entitled to follow Cullen so keenly, but the likes of deacon, Gregory, mandaric and the others makes me naturally cautious. 

If I had a problem with you giving your opinion I wouldn’t have asked you questions would I?

When did Cullen link new toilets and getting promotion?

One of the 3 that left, wasn’t got rid of, he moved to a prem club.

Not sure Cullen should be taking responsibility for the last 6 years since he has only been with us 2.

I’m struggling to see the utter failure of the last 6 years. Assume you only relate success and failure to on the pitch and no you can’t blame the CEO for all of that, especially since he wasn’t even at the club.

Is there anything you feel positive about at PFC?
(01-08-2023, 01:05 PM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]

Who appointed DC ?   Not AC, he joined a couple of months later.
That away entrance is tacky as shit. I can't believe they were so tight as to paint the signage on.

It looks like a model railway version of the main entrance. Fratton Park, but by Wish.
It should be remembered that the Fratton end entrance is mock Tudor.
Anyone got a photo?
(01-08-2023, 09:04 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]It should be remembered that the Fratton end entrance is mock Tudor.

Yes but it’s REAL mock Tudor  Big Grin .
Embarrassing to say the least. FFS Eisner.
(01-08-2023, 10:30 PM)STEVE Wrote: [ -> ]Embarrassing to say the least. FFS Eisner.

What’s Micheal done now?!
Apparently his signage painting is not up to mock Tudor standards
Perhaps those who don't like the Milton End being designed to reflect our Fratton End entrance, could suggest a design that they would prefer?
Twin Towers, a Spinnaker tower, HMS Victory ?
(02-08-2023, 12:34 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps those who don't like the Milton End being designed to reflect our Fratton End entrance, could suggest a design that they would prefer?
Twin Towers, a Spinnaker tower, HMS Victory

Ive always liked the London dungeon entrance in London Bridge. Sculpt some pompey mush-birds into gargoils and get some flaming torches, cobwebs and a bloke making scarey noises as away fans walk in. Proper intimidating loike
(02-08-2023, 02:44 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-08-2023, 12:34 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps those who don't like the Milton End being designed to reflect our Fratton End entrance, could suggest a design that they would prefer?
Twin Towers, a Spinnaker tower, HMS Victory

Ive always liked the London dungeon entrance in London Bridge. Sculpt some pompey mush-birds into gargoils and get some flaming torches, cobwebs and a bloke making scarey noises as away fans walk in. Proper intimidating loike

A bloke making scary noises ?

John PFC Westwood, 20 foot high in glorious technicolour with a moving bell and bugle?
I can't get the solent forum thing to work from BBC Sounds
Has anyone else managed today?
Pages: 1 2