TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Pompey players loaned out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I see Harry Jewitt-White has been loaned to H&W for the season and Josh Oluwayemi has gone to Chelmsford City.
Both these teams are in the National League South, personally I don’t think this is a good move for either player especially as J-W was at H@W last season. I would’ve thought a National League or League 2 team would’ve given them  better experience seeing as that both have experienced L1 football. 
Unless of course we hadn’t received any other bids for their services.
Josh needs to play games I don’t think he will get to the level that’s needed for us.
I agree but he has played L1 and although NLS gives him experience, I just think it should’ve been at a higher level.
It could be that Pompey are trying to guarantee them getting played. They both need consistent long periods of play.
Didn’t we have someone on loan locally last season who trained with us and played for them?

Might have been a keeper though or I might have imagined it.
(01-08-2023, 04:45 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]Didn’t we have someone on loan locally last season who trained with us and played for them?

On a similar thought did we not recall someone from loan at that sort of level to play in the papa johns with them going straight back to their loan club afterwards ?  Might that be a possibility for HJ-W ?
Too low for HJW. Par for Josh.
(01-08-2023, 04:57 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-08-2023, 04:45 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]Didn’t we have someone on loan locally last season who trained with us and played for them?

On a similar thought did we not recall someone from loan at that sort of level to play in the papa johns with them going straight back to their loan club afterwards ?  Might that be a possibility for HJ-W ?

We had Toby Steward/Alfie Bridgman on loan to Bognor last season, Liam Vincent on loan to Maidstone. Pompey wanted to bring them back to feature v Wimbledon in the last of the Papa John qualifiers. The EFL said as they were on youth loans if we did that the loan would be over. Other clubs were told the same, Andy Cullen was going to take it up with the EFL but whether the rule has been changed I don't know. As for this season HJ-W is now a full pro so he should be able to return for that competition if we so wish, as I understand it. Toby was recalled in January when Griffiths went back to WBA and remained here for the rest of the season. He was on the bench at Plymouth, plus Burton here, when Macey was unavailable.
(01-08-2023, 08:54 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]Too low for HJW. Par for Josh.

I saw HJ-W at H & W last season  - he spent most of his time there on the bench & looked "like a boy in a man's world" when he did come on. If he makes the starting eleven & then starts to dominate the midfield I would hope we can re-call & then loan out to a higher level.

Yes, that is Ollies level, unfortunately he is too small and he'll never make it to  much higher level long term.
(02-08-2023, 09:32 AM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-08-2023, 08:54 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]Too low for HJW. Par for Josh.

I saw HJ-W at H & W last season  - he spent most of his time there on the bench & looked "like a boy in a man's world" when he did come on. If he makes the starting eleven & then starts to dominate the midfield I would hope we can re-call & then loan out to a higher level.

Yes, that is Ollies level, unfortunately he is too small and he'll never make it to  much higher level long term.

is he smaller than our current midfielders, or Alan Ball come to that?
He’s talking about the goalie, Hammie
ooops
went to the cricket yesterday, only just got back so missed the earlier comments.
He is the same height as Peter Shilton
Might struggle against the hand of God I suppose.
(02-08-2023, 12:36 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]ooops
went to the cricket yesterday, only just got back so missed the earlier comments.

Lol Hammie, most top keepers  are 1.85m (6'1") or over these days. The average height of all players must have increased at least 5cms over the last 50 yrs.
(02-08-2023, 04:02 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-08-2023, 12:36 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]ooops

Lol Hammie, most top keepers  are 1.85m (6'1") or over these days. The average height of all players must have increased at least 5cms over the last 50 yrs.

except for our midfield that is the smallest that I can recall, Sammy Igoe being a singular exception but not aprt of a pair, especially in the lower leagues.