TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Andrew Cullen August Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just confirms the steady slowly build approach- that is going to upset the " No Ambition" mob. 

I wonder what the 'tards are planning this weekend with the Eisners being over. 

A hot air balloon is my guess.  Big Grin
I've just watched / listened to the AC interview, and was struck by 2 things....

Firstly....that man sure can waffle! Why use 20 words to explain a point when you can use 200!!

Secondly, and far more importantly, it is clear just how more professionally the Club is being run now. Like it or not, a Club has to be run on a sound and well organised business footing if it is to survive (unless of course you have a multi-billionaire Arab Owner)....and there has been a huge amount of work done these past 3/4 years....a lot of it unseen / unreported.

Whilst ultimately AC / ME & Co will be judged by results on the pitch, I for one give them a big "thumbs up" for the work (and investment) they've done thus far off the pitch.
Off the pitch the club has been run better than ever.
They were improving most seasons under Kenny.
Sadly we got it wrong with the brothers. All those loans meant that each season we started again from scratch.
Cullen has clearly stated that they now know that was a mistake (he loans) and won't be spending the major part of the budget on loans any more.
So hopefully we can once more see steady development on the pitch as well as off. Even if we go up two places in the league this season we'd be back in the playoffs. I'd hope for more than that of course.
Well worth a watch, he is clear and detailed about anything discussed. They aren't half spending some money, you know.

Interesting comments about building houses, the club wanting to build some as well as the owners of the retail park. That would doubtless help finance the upper north, he specifically mentioned upping capacity. To be accessed by increased use of the railway and a new bridge as previously intimated.
I find it interesting that he answers with "yes, we are planning that" rather than vague we will consider that type comments. And these owners do exactly what they say they will.