TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: 3rd Kit Released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Twitter in meltdown, lol.

Grown men ffs.
(04-08-2023, 10:57 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]Twitter in meltdown, lol.

Grown men ffs.

Doesn’t work for me.
Its the third kit so doesn't much bother me.
At least it has some relationship (if pretty tenuous) to our original kit, not sure why they didn't just copy it.
But if we must have a third kit, it seems ok to me. Not that I would ever buy one. Not even the first kit these days.
Correct me if I'm wrong; didnt we wear a similar pink kit in our return season to the old first division , back in 1988/89 ?
We did, with black edging. I'd have preferred black to red this time too.
(04-08-2023, 12:15 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]We did, with black edging. I'd have preferred black to red this time too.

RED ???!!!!!  Sick
(04-08-2023, 12:45 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-08-2023, 12:15 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]We did, with black edging. I'd have preferred black to red this time too.

RED ???!!!!!  Sick

sorta majenta not stains jam red.

although our proper blue kit does include red stockings and over the years a pin stripe of red.
(04-08-2023, 12:45 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]

RED ???!!!!!  Sick

We've only got three club colours and red is one of them. Anyway this is a very deep burgundy red. 

Personally I'd be more upset by stripes of any colour than by any red.
I had to nip down to the Pompey store this morning to get an Exeter ticket for my brother in law. The shop was busy and all 3 kits were in stock and selling well, especially mums buying for kid. Must admit the 3rd kit is pretty shite IMO, not as good as the last pink effort.

Deebo

Instead of coming up with these arbitrary and apparently unpopular away kits every season there’s a simple solution that uses club colours and that could be implemented as a matter of course. This would reinforce the Pompey brand and save all this pissing about.

Of course the marketeers would hate this as it eliminates sales of off-the-wall designer kits that change annually. Minimalist elements such as collars and cuffs could be refreshed when deemed necessary.

The club colours are a pretty unique combination, strong, distinctive and eye-catching and an essential part of the Pompey look. It seems important to use them at every opportunity. I’m also a firm believer that the only time we should alternate from the main kit is when there is a direct colour clash away from home but then I’m old school.

1st kit: blue shirts, white shorts, red socks
2nd kit: white shirts, blue shorts, red socks
3rd kit: red shirts, white shorts, blue socks

No more teal, pink or black. Just a thought.
" I’m also a firm believer that the only time we should alternate from the main kit is when there is a direct colour clash away from home but then I’m old school."
Totally agree.
I loved watching us play say wolves, us in blue white and red, them in old gold and black.
So many years of history in that match up. No need for either to swap.

But we will probably never see that again ever, which is sad.
Would be so nice to see us set the trend in our anniversary season of playing in our proper colours whenever possible, but it won't happen.
With no shirt sponsor dominating the kit too!

Deebo

Iconic colour combinations that reflect the history of the clubs. Marketeers have ditched tradition to flog a few extra shirts though I didn’t see many fans in that teal(?) effort last season. Personally think they could be missing the point along with a lot of sales. Jumpers for goalposts too Hammie!
I like pink. Shouldn't be paired with that minging brown/red colour though. Everybody knows pink and white go together.
(04-08-2023, 02:22 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]" I’m also a firm believer that the only time we should alternate from the main kit is when there is a direct colour clash away from home but then I’m old school."
Totally agree.
I loved watching us play say wolves, us in blue white and red, them in old gold and black.
So many years of history in that match up. No need for either to swap.

But we will probably never see that again ever, which is sad.
Would be so nice to see us set the trend in our anniversary season of playing in our proper colours whenever possible, but it won't happen.
With no shirt sponsor dominating the kit too!
I'm pretty sure I have a Wolves subbuteo team from the early 70s in Old Gold and Black. Must dig it out and have a look.
If they were going down the traditional route then the pink shirt should be paired with Navy shorts/trims etc
Grown men
Yes, yes, red socks are okay. SOCKS. Red on a Pompey shirt is simply a stain.
(04-08-2023, 05:08 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, yes, red socks are okay. SOCKS. Red on a Pompey shirt is simply a stain.

No way ... my favourite away kits would include the red and black halved shirts or even the 60's all red kit with the red/white/blue trim matching the all blue home kit with that trim which is my favourite all time home kit.  

And it has red on it.
Link?
New poster here (I couldn't find an introduction thread so apologies if I'm breaking etiquette). It isn't the greatest looking shirt, in fact it is poor. I am pro Eisner but the club doesn't help itself at times by messing up what could be easy 'small wins'. The 125th anniversary celebration hasn't been an enormous triumph in general which is a shame.

It is small potatoes as an issue though. It isn't like it is the home shirt. Barnsley's absolutely hideous number is their home shirt and their fans have my sympathy (sympathy that will die if/when they beat us).
welcome aboard!
We won't be able to get any more club specific shirts unless we ditch Nike. Which we can do at the end of this season.
I am really hoping so, but Cullen talking about a club/Nike shop appearing in Gunwharf, suggests not.
(04-08-2023, 05:45 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]welcome aboard!
We won't be able to get any more club specific shirts unless we ditch Nike. Which we can do at the end of this season.
I am really hoping so, but Cullen talking about a club/Nike shop appearing in Gunwharf, suggests not.

From that interview it sounds like the chances are zero.

I remember when people used to complain about us having a small or lesser known kit manufacturer!
(04-08-2023, 05:16 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-08-2023, 05:08 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, yes, red socks are okay. SOCKS. Red on a Pompey shirt is simply a stain.

No way ... my favourite away kits would include the red and black halved shirts or even the 60's all red kit with the red/white/blue trim matching the all blue home kit with that trim which is my favourite all time home kit.  

And it has red on it.

The 60's reverse shirt is my favourite (got the retro version somewhere). Also, we had a red away kit (mainly 2nd) every year of the 80's except the last.
Interesting comments, talking to some of the staff yesterday in the Pompey shop and they are hoping the club ditch Nike soon and go to Adidas or Castore? As they think our input is minimal( in design etc) and the amount of kids sizes are minimal ( in quantity).
Pink shirt. Could have saved the money and played "skins" instead.
Pages: 1 2