TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Thunderstorms forecast
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Could be interesting this afternoon.
I doubt they'll occur. Though we're under a Yellow Warning for wind, it's not been too bad.

Deebo

Sun’s out up here.
The forecast is constantly changing and nothing much has happened so far (Eastney).
That's the BBC forcast. I wouldn't trust them on yesterday's forcast let alone today's! Radar showing some rain but no thunderstorm, they're passing 40 Mike's north.
How far is a Mike?
Maybe about 6 feet? So 40 Mikes = 240 feet north... that’s not so far...
I’m in Poole right now and it’s lashing it down.
Correct BBC weather forecast is the worst. Try Accuweather or Metcheck both pretty accurate normally.
Just femoral the record, the BBC got the forecast completely wrong, even an hour before KO. We had three short downpours, not continuous rain, and absolutely no sign or sound of thunderstorms. BTW, if they can't get the forecast right even on the same day, and they forecast a record hot July/Aug back in June, why the hell does anyone believe a word they say on climate change!!
(06-08-2023, 04:57 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]Just femoral the record, the BBC got the forecast completely wrong, even an hour before KO. We had three short downpours, not continuous rain, and absolutely no sign or sound of thunderstorms. BTW, if they can't get the forecast right even on the same day, and they forecast a record hot July/Aug back in June, why the hell does anyone believe a word they say on climate change!!

Think you are confusing climate with weather.
(06-08-2023, 05:01 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-08-2023, 04:57 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]Just femoral the record, the BBC got the forecast completely wrong, even an hour before KO. We had three short downpours, not continuous rain, and absolutely no sign or sound of thunderstorms. BTW, if they can't get the forecast right even on the same day, and they forecast a record hot July/Aug back in June, why the hell does anyone believe a word they say on climate change!!

No I'm not. Both are predictions and the Beeb and Met Office regularly get both wrong.
Indeed, but the Beeb do it, and it was reported on in the original comment on this thread.
(06-08-2023, 05:23 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]

No I'm not. Both are predictions and the Beeb and Met Office regularly get both wrong.

Climate is not a prediction FFS !!
I love the millennial attitude of standing in torrential downpour, angrily pointing at their phone because the forecast was wrong, wanting someone lynched for it.

Fuckwit parents breed fuckwit children.
(06-08-2023, 05:39 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-08-2023, 05:23 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]

Climate is not a prediction FFS !!
But climate prediction ( ie we're all doomed Mr Mannering) certainly is, and that's what the BBC, politicians and retards play on.
(06-08-2023, 06:26 PM)Santa release Claus Wrote: [ -> ]I can safely predict the FTSE100 will be larger in 10 years time. I can't predict which particular stock will be higher tomorrow. It's much easier to study and predict longer-term trends in climate than predict tomorrow's weather. That's why it's so easy to identify the anthropomorphic impact on the climate since the 1800s.
Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha. Earth was warmer in AD 1100, 1200, 1300, 1400 than it is now. That was anthropomorphic was it? Probably due to all the coal-fired power stations, planes and cars around at the time ;-) ?
Graham Hancock wants a word
(06-08-2023, 06:33 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-08-2023, 06:26 PM)Santa release Claus Wrote: [ -> ]I can safely predict the FTSE100 will be larger in 10 years time. I can't predict which particular stock will be higher tomorrow. It's much easier to study and predict longer-term trends in climate than predict tomorrow's weather. That's why it's so easy to identify the anthropomorphic impact on the climate since the 1800s.
Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha. Earth was warmer in AD 1100, 1200, 1300, 1400 than it is now. That was anthropomorphic was it? Probably due to all the coal-fired power stations, planes and cars around at the time ;-) ?

In what possible way does the fact that there have been previous periods of climate change not caused by anthropomorphic causes mean that this period of climate change is not ??? That's just not logical in the face of all the evidence that it is.
(06-08-2023, 08:21 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

In what possible way does the fact that there have been previous periods of climate change not caused by anthropomorphic causes mean that this period of climate change is not ??? That's just not logical in the face of all the evidence that it is.

In the face of all the evidence?

I take it by ‘evidence’ you mean there is climate change and therefore, if you believe the doom mongers, every event is taken as proof that we are all doomed. It is NOT proven that man has caused the current warming and, even if it were, unless every country on Earth reduced emissions to zero, we couldn’t do anything about it anyway. 

Anyway I’m looking forward to a bit of warming next week.

Bring it on ffs.

Oh she didn’t like that Rocket.
(06-08-2023, 08:31 PM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]

In the face of all the evidence?

I take it by ‘evidence’ you mean there is climate change and therefore, if you believe the doom mongers, every event is taken as proof that we are all doomed. It is NOT proven that man has caused the current warming and, even if it were, unless every country on Earth reduced emissions to zero, we couldn’t do anything about it anyway. 

Anyway I’m looking forward to a bit of warming next week.

Bring it on ffs.

It has been proven beyind doubt that human activity such as emissions, farming etc. It is all about tipping points and the tiny rises that snowball into major effects.

Climate skepticism is largely funded by people making big money out of the oil industry. Like the denials that smoking was harmful were funded by the tobacco industry.