TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Today's game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hammering down at the start. Morrell booked after only 16 minutes! I win £30 quid on the work sweepstake!
Being totally outplayed.
0-1, and we're total cr@p so far.
The biggest signing needed this summer has not been made. We are no better than last season.

We just won the ball on the edge of their area and it ends up back in our half within seconds.
(05-08-2023, 02:27 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]0-1, and we're total cr@p so far.
Totally agree. What a depressing start.
Morrell booked and Bishop misses a sitter. What a surprise. Bishop completely on his own with no support. If we can see that why the hell can't JM
Here we go again...
Depressing First Half. Bishop winning the ball in the air but no one to nod it down to.

Put on another forward to play off him 2nd half.

Rovers are playing with Collins & Marquis upfront.

Sounds like same old from last season.
things can only get better

hopefully Smile
We've had good possession and 11 shots, but there's got to be someone else in the box with Bishop. Saydee, Yungi at keast on by 60 mins.
Just looking at the Barnsley score. When was the last time we really thumped someone in the opening game? I remember that great 4-2 against Dagenham in the sun- Paul Cook's first game in charge I think.
Yeahhhh! Yengi. Think I am going to like this lad
And now Gimme Gimme Gimme a Man After Midnight is playing over the PA. Surreal...
I’ve now watched 3 friendlies and todays effort and IMO it’s going to be a long old season. Norris is not as good as Macey, defensively slightly better than last season , midfield the weak link. Bishop no service. Whyte ok slightly better than Dale , Scully a good improvement. Saydee has the potential to be new Yak and was the only bright spark in the match and MOTM IMO. Our problem is exactly the same as previous seasons, a non dominating midfield and no attacking impetuous from midfield . Lowery and Devlin are definitely not attacking solutions to the problem.
We need at least 2 midfield ( one attacking) players asap.
Nowhere near good enough today. A lot of nervous players with very few grasping the mantel. Saydee looked lively when he came on. 

Ref was pretty good on the whole. 

If we have any ambition whatsoever of promotion, there needs to be a significant and immediate improvement. Rovers were shit and we were 2nd best to them for pretty much the whole game.
As said above thought Saydee did well. Yengi I think will also regularly score. Midfield is the area that let us down. I liked the way we kept going after an awful first 30 minutes but must improve significantly if we want to challenge for promotion. Early days yet so nil desperandum
(05-08-2023, 05:21 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Nowhere near good enough today. A lot of nervous players with very few grasping the mantel. Saydee looked lively when he came on. 

If we have any ambition whatsoever of promotion, there needs to be a significant and immediate improvement. Rovers were shit and we were 2nd best to them for pretty much the whole game.

Ref was dreadful imo, missed a lot and gave some free kicks for their play acting.
(05-08-2023, 05:21 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Nowhere near good enough today. A lot of nervous players with very few grasping the mantel. Saydee looked lively when he came on. 

Apart for almost the entire second half where we looked the better side in between their frequent bouts of play acting and feigning injuries
(05-08-2023, 03:11 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]We've had good possession and 11 shots, but there's  got to be someone else in the box with Bishop. Saydee, Yungi at keast on by 60 mins.

Officially we had 57% possession to their 43%, 21 shots to their 10 and 10 corners to their 3. On a side note Scully pissed me off with his frequently rubbish over hit free kicks and corners but maybe he can practice them and get better at them in time for the next game
I saw it differently, Peds. I thought we looked the better side, after their goal. I think they were lucky we were so profligate in front of goal.
I didn’t see anything to make me think we were anything special though.

I have say that there seemed to be improvements in certain areas and given the age of a lot of the recruits, I would expect to see further improvements. Our existing midfield needs sorting out though. They are probably as good as they are ever going to get.
Pack was fucking crap today.
Pack, Morrell (MOM haha voted by his mother I assume)and Lowery were in my opinion awful. Og was my MOM but really I am looking for improvements from last season and struggling. We were told to be excited by Whyte and Scully. Really? Neither of them ever beat a player. We missed Raggett at set pieces. We do have a better squad so players came on and changed the game. Saydee in particular. Overall though what a depressing afternoon. But one game doesn’t make a season and hopefully there’s better to come because today looked poor and suggested a mid table season which would be unacceptable.
(05-08-2023, 07:40 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]Pack was fucking crap today.

Unfortunately Pack is the captain and captain historically means will never be dropped even if he consistently plays like shit for an extended period of time. I’ve never understood the concept of making someone the captain before the season starts not in football anyway because all the captains job really is to call heads or tails before the match, decide what end to kick towards if they win the toss, shake hands with the opposing captain and officials before the match and lift any trophy your team happens to win before anyone else gets to. In my opinion anyone can do that and the head coach or manager should be able to just chuck the armband to whoever he feels like just before the match starts. That’s what I think anyway
(05-08-2023, 08:34 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-08-2023, 07:40 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]Pack was fucking crap today.

Unfortunately Pack is the captain and captain historically means will never be dropped even if he consistently plays like shit for an extended period of time. I’ve never understood the concept of making someone the captain before the season starts not in football anyway because all the captains job really is to call heads or tails before the match, decide what end to kick towards if they win the toss, shake hands with the opposing captain and officials before the match and lift any trophy your team happens to win before anyone else gets to. In my opinion anyone can do that and the head coach or manager should be able to just chuck the armband to whoever he feels like just before the match starts. That’s what I think anyway

It’s about being a leader on and off the pitch, the connection between the staff and the team.

They used to even sort out the tickets for each match for friends and family!
Pack has been very average for a long time.