TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Mousinho
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After rovers scored there was a break in play and all the players went to the touchline for drinks. The rovers coach gave an animated team talk  mourinho did not speak to a single pompey player.  What does that say?
Lasagne tonight
The rovers coach was more worried than JM?
(05-08-2023, 07:09 PM)South Coast steve Wrote: [ -> ]After rovers scored there was a break in play and all the players went to the touchline for drinks. The rovers coach gave an animated team talk  mourinho did not speak to a single pompey player.  What does that say?

I said the same to my mate and it happened on more than one occasion. For me the jury is very much out where he is concerned.
It was certainly noticeable - Maybe he just employed ' the silent stare' ?
For what it's worth, the hopping, head patting, pointing and occasional macarena did little to help Cowley and Jackett got us into the playoffs most years with his arms folded
Love the Macarena - and erring towards the PASO-Doble when he became animated !
In his favour
He is not frightened to make subs that change the game and has the squad to do it now.
Since he arrived, we have been far better at last minute goals which is a handy ability to have in your team.
Mousinho's record since he took over is 10 wins, 10 draws and 4 defeats.  Yes, that's too many draws but it is still  pretty decent and plenty good enough for the play-offs.
(06-08-2023, 04:16 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Mousinho's record since he took over is 10 wins, 10 draws and 4 defeats.  Yes, that's too many draws but it is still  pretty decent and plenty good enough for the play-offs.

Agree Deep when you look it like that it is a decent record. But for me I feel he sets his teams up firstly not to lose. The 3 games I’ve seen so far Wimbledon it took 63 minutes before we had a shot on goal City was some time in the second half and yesterday I’m pretty sure the keeper didn’t have a save to make in the first half. Personally I feel the jury is still out with him. Believe me I really want to see him make it as I feel for the first time for along time we do have a competitive squad.
(06-08-2023, 04:46 PM)Bluebob Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-08-2023, 04:16 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Mousinho's record since he took over is 10 wins, 10 draws and 4 defeats.  Yes, that's too many draws but it is still  pretty decent and plenty good enough for the play-offs.

Agree Deep when you look it like that it is a decent record. But for me I feel he sets his teams up firstly not to lose. The 3 games I’ve seen so far Wimbledon it took 63 minutes before we had a shot on goal City was some time in the second half and yesterday I’m pretty sure the keeper didn’t have a save to make in the first half. Personally I feel the jury is still out with him. Believe me I really want to see him make it as I feel for the first time for along time we do have a competitive squad.

Please don’t take any notice of preseason games.
Can I just have some interesting footy....something to get me off my seat and take the breath away. Or am I being old school....
Feel more positives than negatives with Mousinho so far. I do, however, feel like he starts games cautiously . Would like to see a performance like the 2nd half yesterday from the first minute. The midfield was poor all game yesterday but big difference when Saydee and then Yengi came on. Credit to Mous for changes things.
JM came after the game and said exactly what was lacking in the first half, it was put right in the 2nd and I’d fully aware we need an attacking midfielder.

No excuses, not one!
Kinda-blue said,

"Can I just have some interesting footy....something to get me off my seat and take the breath away. Or am I being old school...."

Nice whimsical thought Blue, but I felt we are not yet all singing from the same part of the songsheet!

Give us a couple of wins and confidence will rise, and so should/will the entertainment level. PUP