TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Midfield conundrum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think we found the answer yesterday.
Until we get that special playmaker in, Saydee for Lowery who, sadly, hasn't looked the same player since he came back from injury.
Pack also needs to up his game looked very leggy yesterday and it was only the first game of the season. He needs to be more disciplined and not chase the game
Can't understand the fanfare for Lowery, doesn't have any impact on the game at all,neat and tidy but that is about it.
(06-08-2023, 10:48 AM)Roybatty Wrote: [ -> ]Can't understand the fanfare for Lowery, doesn't have any impact on the game at all,neat and tidy but that is about it.

I don’t see what he actually does!? Seems to get in the way more than anything
Reminds me of Ben Close, tries to do things he watches the stars do on TV, but can't, is too light and gets muscled off.
You can't play the midget men (Morrell/ Lowery) together. Stevenson away from home or Saydee at home.
Stevenson is too similar to Pack. Devlin in for Lowrey might work but he’s not the tallest either.
Lowery looked very good earlier last season, as mentioned perhaps the injury is a problem, hopefully not long term.
(06-08-2023, 02:22 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Stevenson is too similar to Pack. Devlin in for Lowrey might work but he’s not the tallest either.

If we need a bit more steel away from home Stevenson is ideal,with Pack in a 4-4-2.  Just checked the stats & Terry Devlin is 8cm (3 inches) taller than both the dwarfs.
(06-08-2023, 04:43 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-08-2023, 02:22 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Stevenson is too similar to Pack. Devlin in for Lowrey might work but he’s not the tallest either.

If we need a bit more steel away from home Stevenson is ideal.wuth Pack in a 4-4-2.  Just checked the stats & Terry Devlin is 8cm taller than both the dwarfs.

8cm = just over 3 inches. 5ft 5 + 3" still only = 5ft 8". Still well below average height for a modern footballer.
(06-08-2023, 08:32 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-08-2023, 04:43 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]

If we need a bit more steel away from home Stevenson is ideal.wuth Pack in a 4-4-2.  Just checked the stats & Terry Devlin is 8cm taller than both the dwarfs.

8cm = just over 3 inches. 5ft 5 + 3" still only = 5ft 8". Still well below average height for a modern footballer.
Morrell & Lowery 1.68m or 5' 6"" - Terry Devlin 1.76m or 5' 9"" - Ok still below average for a modern footballer - at 19 TD will be  still physically developing unlike the mid 20s midgets.
Messi’s not very big, or Xavi or Iniesta
Well let's get them in!
(07-08-2023, 06:59 AM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Messi’s not very big, or Xavi or Iniesta

They're not being playing together in central midfield in the EFL.,.......
Exterm is right. This isn't La Liga FFS. This is the third division of English football
If they were both on form and playing very well I don't think anyone would be complaining about their height. 

But since his injury Lowery has only shown his previous form in short patches, and Morrell has become inconsistent too, so it's easy to say they are too short but I don't think that is the root of the problem.
I don’t give a flying fuck how tall they are, an incisive pass is rarely made from a header. It’s ability we need.
So Pack, the club captain has the turning circle of an 'aircraft carrier'!
Morrell it seems is intent on getting booked and or sent off in every other or just every game! You decide, I can't!
Lowery has spent more time in the treatment room than he should for a variety of reasons at the ripe old age of 25!
That's the Midfield that's taking us up is it!
Someone is having a laugh and if it wasn't so serious, it would be me!!
Let’s hope Stevenson and Devlin are up for it.
On top form Pack, Morrell & Lowery are amongst the best midfielders in the division. 

The challenge is to get them back to top form, but at least we have decent backup for them if that's not possible.
Going on JM’s latest comments about Robertson, it would seem well be playing 433 as he sees Robertson as a number 8 as opposed to a 10. So I would imagine Pack, Morrell and Robertson as the middle 3.
Deep.
With all the best will. Pack is loving home club life. He wants to take us up as captain, the fairytale. But can his legs really 'cash that cheque'? I just don't think he has the fitness anymore. Lowery IS injured pretty much all the time now and Morrell doesn't seem to be able to control himself and WILL be a liability through suspension again this season.
That's the pessimistic but yet 'real and right now look'!
To me the obvious is morrell when available replaced by lowery when fit.
one or other on the bench otherwise
an incentive for the others to do the business and nail down the spare place
out of all of them, who will bust a gut to get in the box when crosses come in for when the number nine knocks the ball down?
Pack is the weak link.
Oh, and Lowery.

Morrel is pretty consistent (when he isn’t suspended).

Pack is the weakest link (and he’s captain, ffs).