TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Attacking midfielder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Attacking midfielder due to sign today or tomorrow. 

Hopefully have the quality we need
Hope so, desperately required
an't really have both attacking mid under sized and both awful at shooting
Any sort of attacking midfielder would be good.
Attacking midfielder?
What's one of them!!

Not since Paul Merson or Gary Roberts have we had anyone capable of unlocking teams on their own.

I won't hold my breath. Pessimistic? Yes
Other names in the frame in addition to Tino are apparently as follows:

Dan Gore of Man Utd
Luke Harris of Fulham
Jensen Weir of Brighton
Cameron Peupion of Brighton
If you go through the prem clubs under 23 squads, it’ll be one of them.
Sounds like it will be Tino as they were confident of getting over the line.
(06-08-2023, 09:21 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like it will be Tino as they were confident of getting over the line.

JM said he doesn’t know what is happening with him, hasn’t heard anything since Wednesday and they were already working on a plan B.  From the sounds of it, it’s more likely to be Plan B.
(06-08-2023, 09:21 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like it will be Tino as they were confident of getting over the line.

They never said that .. they said they had not given up hope despite reports that he had chosen Volendam because that deal had not actually been completed yet. 

I just hope plan B is not too young & inexperienced - we need someone to hit the ground running immediately.
Hopefully it will Be Jenson weir from Brighton
It’s being mentioned on some websites and there are other clubs interested.
Currently, Lowery and Morell both trying too hard to be the No. 1 choice ?
Plenty of time left today but M. EISNER did say yesterday or today would be the day, didn't he?
(07-08-2023, 01:33 PM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]Plenty of time left today but M. EISNER did say yesterday or today would be the day, didn't he?

He did, however, a football day equates to a country mile, neither are what they seem.
(07-08-2023, 01:42 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-08-2023, 01:33 PM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]Plenty of time left today but M. EISNER did say yesterday or today would be the day, didn't he?

He did, however, a football day equates to a country mile, neither are what they seem.

Intrigued (and with nothing better to do for 20 minutes) I just looked that up and....
....a country mile is, at 10 furlongs, two furlongs longer than a statute mile but, back in the day, it varied from county to county.
Ooo arrr!
(07-08-2023, 11:20 AM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully it will Be Jenson weir from Brighton

JM has told Andy Moon we are not signing him.

I don't think he specified the day ... just that there was another signing that they would be announcing.
He should sell up if there is no signing today.
(07-08-2023, 02:53 PM)simonfkwit Wrote: [ -> ]Definitely specified the day

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/footb...ng-4245129

Interesting .. hadn't seen that article. 

Today's print version is almost the same story but just says 'which we will be announcing' without saying when. I wonder why the change ? But then, these things are usually outside the club's control.
Alex Robertson is the latest on the rumour merry go round. Man City and Australian.
(07-08-2023, 02:47 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't think he specified the day ... just that there was another signing that they would be announcing.

He said Sunday afternoon or latest Monday!
It's not my 'game'.
I don't know why you'd say it, we know football and how it just does exactly the opposite.
We've been quiet about our signings until they are fine and through the door. I'm happy with that, why change it?
It is Alex Robertson by the looks of the teaser video.
As already said we must have moved on to Plan B. Let's hope it's someone who wants to join us & has some undoubted skill on the ball & taking set pieces. These players are priceless to play in this position. Also, their agent will be very heavily involved.
Pages: 1 2