TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: useless Tanoy system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I couldn't understand a word that was said over the intercom in the north stand
next to useless. Rolleyes
That's the alcohol moosh
Drunk announcers always a problem Wink

Edit: thinking about it...'Gimme Gimme Gimme a Man After Midnight is playing over the PA. Surreal...' Hmm.
Fox, I thought exactly the same, I thought the system was going to be enhanced thuis term ...?
It's totally useless in the North Stand & can't believe they haven't sorted it out yet.
(07-08-2023, 05:50 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]It's totally useless in the North Stand & can't believe they haven't sorted it out yet.

Retune your radio, that’ll sort it.
always seems to be the problem at the start of a new season, hopefully to be improved.
(07-08-2023, 06:20 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-08-2023, 05:50 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]It's totally useless in the North Stand & can't believe they haven't sorted it out yet.

Retune your radio, that’ll sort it.

Ha Ha! I do actually attend occasionally.
I thought it was better last night. The volume to me didn't seem so loud. Am I right ? Did have a laugh re programmes. Due to long queues for programnes before the Bristol Rovers game (when payment was for the first time by card only), the club has reverted to cash or card from yesterday onwards.
That’s good on both accounts then
(16-08-2023, 09:29 AM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]That’s good on both accounts then

The sound in the FE has been terrible. You can't hear the team announcements or the subs. Sounds like the speakers aren't even plugged in on the right hand side facing the pitch. Couldn't fix it when we were in the Prem so I'm not surprised its still bollocks now.
(16-08-2023, 09:19 AM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]I thought it was better last night. The volume to me didn't seem so loud. Am I right ? Did have a laugh re programmes. Due to long queues for programnes before the Bristol Rovers game  (when payment was for the first time by card only),  the club has reverted to cash or card from yesterday onwards.

Does that mean they're losing money on the concession stands?
I think concessions are card only, the half time queues don't look too bad under the North Stand.
Everything at FP is card. There’s even ads come up on the score board telling you that. FP was cashless all last season. However, I’m glad the programme sellers can accept cash outside the ground.
Sounds like they need people to complain directly to the club so they sort the problem out ASAP
The programme seller I spoke to last night said that after the fiasco of the previous game they had decided to offer cash and card options for programmes.

Inside the stadium the network connection will be plumbed in to the card terminals, outside you are relying on wifi which is going to be disrupted by all the mobile phones around.
(16-08-2023, 10:13 AM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]I think concessions are card only, the half time queues don't look too bad under the North Stand.

Yes, but they're denying service to people with cash. That seems to be quite a few people, judging by the programme issues.
(16-08-2023, 01:57 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-08-2023, 10:13 AM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]I think concessions are card only, the half time queues don't look too bad under the North Stand.

Yes, but they're denying service to people with cash. That seems to be quite a few people, judging by the programme issues.

I see cash now as a pain in the arse.
I generally dislike cash but I'd love to know the legalities of denying service to someone paying in legal tender. Especially if they have the exact amount or are happy to forfeit change. Seems very dodgy (legally speaking) to me.
(16-08-2023, 06:00 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]I generally dislike cash but I'd love to know the legalities of denying service to someone paying in legal tender. Especially if they have the exact amount or are happy to forfeit change. Seems very dodgy (legally speaking) to me.

It can’t be against the law as most football clubs and plenty of other places would be breaking the law.  You can refuse anyone custom surely?

I'm old school admittedly, but it should damn well illegal to refuse coins of the realm.
You never have to accept any form of payment, you can refuse to sell anything for any price. The latter to rpevent people swapping price labels.
(16-08-2023, 09:18 PM)kindofblue Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm old school admittedly, but it should damn well illegal to refuse coins of the realm.

You didn’t need to say you were old school, you used the term coins of the realm.

At a guess I’d say you are around 2-300 years old?
...think I've been reading too much Dickens

I always attempt to buy a programme - ideally using cash - but last season and this season there have been so many games where they've sold out 10 to 15 minutes before kick-off.

Back in the 1970s, I often bought my Sports Mail from a vending machine, especially when returning from an away game. Surely, 50 years later, and with advances in technology, it should be simple for the club to sell them in a similar way - with options for cash or card payments?
Pages: 1 2