TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Alex Robertson
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Attacking midfielder from Man city signs on season loan

Know nothing but what is on wiki

Not a lot
When did he sign?
Source?
(07-08-2023, 04:08 PM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]When did he sign?
Source?
on official website
I’m disappointed but hopeful.
Whooooooo ?
Hmmm....very young and inexperienced. Gotta say, after the names we've had touted about this week, that's disappointing. 
An Aussie too. When did an Aussie last come good for us? [Image: wink.png]
(07-08-2023, 04:12 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]Hmmm....very young and inexperienced. Gotta say, after the names we've had touted about this week, that's disappointing. 

John Aloisi I'd say
That's been the story of our summer recruitment. There is nothing to say we have a winner here. We have to hope he can make the jump to league 1 football and make a difference for us. Otherwise.....
(07-08-2023, 04:12 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]Hmmm....very young and inexperienced. Gotta say, after the names we've had touted about this week, that's disappointing. 

That’s why you shouldn’t believe names being touted!

Yengi?!
Aged 20 born in Scotland. Plays Central Midfield in City U/21s. Current value £50K - Transfermarket.
Any youngster on loan from the Prem would be a gamble. The lack of senior appearances is of course a concern but he was touted as one of the 60 best young talents in world football under 3 years ago so there must be something about him.

Various Man City fans were hoping he would be going to a Championship club on loan which says a bit about where they rank him
(07-08-2023, 04:22 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]Any youngster on loan from the Prem would be a gamble. The lack of senior appearances is of course a concern but he was touted as one of the 60 best young talents in world football under 3 years ago so there must be something about him.

Various Man City fans were hoping he would be going to a Championship club on loan which says a bit about where they rank him

Reminds me of Scarlett and Azeez with lack of men’s football.
(07-08-2023, 04:16 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

That’s why you shouldn’t believe names being touted!

Yengi?!

Strewth mate, that's what I meant!

On Saturday ?
Strange signing. Not another young prem under 21 with no 1st team experience. What could go wrong...
Our midfield general from Wish has arrived.
I think we have to face the fact that we ate maybe not a club that other teams are particularly keen to lend young talent to and that these players might not be keen to come to.

Bazunu was a bit of an outlier as in recent years, youth products from higher division clubs have not had a productive spell here. In Robertson's case, it looks like Man City saying it is sink or swim time for him in senior football at the age of 20 years old.
(07-08-2023, 06:09 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]I think we have to face the fact that we ate maybe not a club that other teams are particularly keen to lend young talent to and that these players might not be keen to come to.

Bazunu was a bit of an outlier as in recent years, youth products from higher division clubs have not had a productive spell here. In Robertson's case, it looks like Man City saying it is sink or swim time for him in senior football at the age of 20 years old.

You’ve read an awful lot into it with very little information.

I bet the kid would be chomping at the bit to play at FP, incredible opportunity for him.
Let's hope he's expected to fight his way into the first team.
(07-08-2023, 04:39 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

On Saturday ?

A little irony is completely lost on here, isn't it?
(07-08-2023, 06:09 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]I think we have to face the fact that we ate maybe not a club that other teams are particularly keen to lend young talent to and that these players might not be keen to come to.

Let's be honest, the guy is never going to play anything but a miniscule role at Man City unless he turns into a Foden and even then he's going to get scraps. City will be hoping that he'll progress enough to sell to a championship team for a few million in a few years time.

We are owed a decent loan signing but he's going into a very important role and can't be seen to feck up anytime soon so the pressure is on him big time. Surely there's an out-of-contract championship player out there that can do a season in this tinpot league?

Anyway, Robertson on youtube....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW3hyPzHsvU
seems to fit the profile that we have said we are looking for. Perhaps we could even give the lad a chance before we write him off. Our manager has seen him live a few times so must have been tracking him for a bit.
(07-08-2023, 07:24 PM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]

Let's be honest, the guy is never going to play anything but a miniscule role at Man City unless he turns into a Foden and even then he's going to get scraps. City will be hoping that he'll progress enough to sell to a championship team for a few million in a few years time.

We are owed a decent loan signing but he's going into a very important role and can't be seen to feck up anytime soon so the pressure is on him big time. Surely there's an out-of-contract championship player out there that can do a season in this tinpot league?

Anyway, Robertson on youtube....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW3hyPzHsvU
Looks pretty good in the video, all-round performances. Good football brain by the looks of it.
Crumbs... Give the lad a chance, he's obviously keen to get regular football and he's come to fratton park.
at least he shows willing rather than sit on the bench at Man city
(07-08-2023, 04:27 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-08-2023, 04:22 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]Any youngster on loan from the Prem would be a gamble. The lack of senior appearances is of course a concern but he was touted as one of the 60 best young talents in world football under 3 years ago so there must be something about him.

Reminds me of Scarlett and Azeez with lack of men’s football.

I've been up and down like a yo-yo on this signing but there is a key difference. Robertson is 20 wheras the other two were 17/18 IIRC. So on paper not a lot of difference in terms of senior games but it is a big difference (in theory) in terms of maturity and readiness.
Pages: 1 2 3