TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Feasibility study and £15000
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
M.E launched into network rail and rightly so.
Fed up with London how about the rest of us?
A feasibility study that three entities put into for the benefit of ALL.
GET ON BOARD. Message Penny Mordaunt, it's time to be heard in a provincial city that has gone to war for this country!!
Sounds like the club, the council and the owners of the Pompey centre have put up their share of the money.
Penny isn't going to give a flying fuck if it isn't consistent with the whip of the party
(09-08-2023, 05:17 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]Penny isn't going to give a flying fuck if it isn't consistent with the whip of the party
Not true. The most important thing to her and all MP's is what gives them the best chance of getting re-elected
15K. Really? It's just the price of a London return if you leave before 10am on a weekday. Just pay it.
I wish network rail would. Why should pompey foot all the bill for something they will have a say in and ultimately, benefit from?!
It may be a paltry sum but somethings need to be said out loud.
Look at yhe bullshit feasibility study done in and around serving London! They get what they want, when they want. It's not slot to ask
I suspect its not the feasibility study itself that National Rail are scared of ... they must know that the feasibility study will say it is feasible.  It's then a case of who pays for the bridge and my guess is that it is that expense that they are not prepared to pay so why bother with the feasibility study ?
So the supposedly wealthy Eisner won't stump up for the feasibility study that should suggest the footbridge would be a good idea? Imagine the struggle to get 'Moneybags' to cough up for the actual construction! A case of 'eat what we kill' again?

He didn't come across well in the interview; moaning about traffic and cyclists mixing with the fans en-route to FP came across as deflecting from his own failings.
(10-08-2023, 11:01 AM)Cressers Wrote: [ -> ]So the supposedly wealthy Eisner won't stump up for the feasibility study that should suggest the footbridge would be a good idea? Imagine the struggle to get 'Moneybags'  to cough up for the actual construction! A case of 'eat what we kill' again?

He didn't come across well in the interview; moaning about traffic and cyclists mixing with the fans en-route to FP came across as deflecting from his own failings.

He will stump up for the study as will the other party, but NR won’t. Have you read it?
Look beyond the facade on Penny. Voting history tells you everything.

Speaking of politics, this study is an example of Michael playing his own. It is a way to say look, we are trying to do something, but woe is us, others aren't helping.

If you want the bridge, fucking get on with it and pay for it. The pricks are striking most weeks, they aren't going to find the funds for it down the back of their sofa.

If he really is worried about the safety of the fans getting in and out of the ground, he will take responsibility for it and pay out.

Meanwhile everyone will continue to not die when they traverse dogshit alley and Goldsmith Ave.
Why should NR stump up? It's bad enough PCC getting involved.
(10-08-2023, 11:15 AM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]Look beyond the facade on Penny. Voting history tells you everything.

Speaking of politics, this study is an example of Michael playing his own. It is a way to say look, we are trying to do something, but woe is us, others aren't helping.

If you want the bridge, fucking get on with it and pay for it. The pricks are striking most weeks, they aren't going to find the funds for it down the back of their sofa.

If he really is worried about the safety of the fans getting in and out of the ground, he will take responsibility for it and pay out.

Meanwhile everyone will continue to not die when they traverse dogshit alley and Goldsmith Ave.

You haven't studied this have you ? 

It's rail land, we cannot build a bridge without their agreement.  PCC, PFC & the Retail centre are all up for it, but National Rail will not play ball.  All three parties have every right to be angry .
They are up for it if it is funded, they said that a year ago. Michael's video updates record him loudly and clearly saying he doesn't think it is fair that he pays for it all
(10-08-2023, 11:29 AM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]They are up for it if it is funded, they said that a year ago. Michael's video updates record him loudly and clearly saying he doesn't think it is fair that he pays for it all

Of course it's not fair that he pays for it all .... it benefits the City, it benefits the Retail Centre, and it benefits the club, and it benefits the railway company. The first three are happy to pay towards it, but cannot do so without National Rail engaging with the project.
Buying a new car benefits my kids, my employer and the DVLA but none of them want it or are they going to pay anything towards it.

Michael is being tight as arseholes and it is in his gift to unblock this impasse should he wish.

It is also seemingly only a problem that needs solving in Michael's mind.
Would have been useful if Jordan Cross had got NR's point of view in that story. Anyway, now the newsdesk have covered it......

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/footb...ge-4250616
Well well well
I'm more concerned with all the deaths down goldsmith avenue
(10-08-2023, 11:16 AM)Cressers Wrote: [ -> ]Why should NR stump up? It's bad enough PCC getting involved.

You are correct Cressage in that NR shouldnt be stumping up for the feasabilitu study  as they are only responsible for Infrastructure & Track they don't benefit financially from increased passenger numbers from a  new North Stand & regenerated area around Fratton Psrk. 

ME should be putting pressure on SWT, Southern Rail & GWR to stump up the £15k, they will all gain financially from more passengers. In turn they should then put pressure on NR.

The big problem is they are probably not that interested as they know that when Labour win the next GE they will be out of business as it is inevitable the railways will be renationalised.  The good thing is perhaps a nationalised organisation will look at the whole picture.
If ME was genuinely interested in developing the North Stand, or indeed the whole stadium, to get us up to a sensible size, he would have already have got on with it. The time to extend the stadium was over the past few years when demand was lower (or non existent in Covid-time). The time to extend is not when/if we get promoted as at that point there will be more demand for tickets.

This spat with NR strikes me as another distraction. ME & Tornante have the resource to fund this, and let's be honest, have always had the resource to fund a good portion of a full development of Fratton out of cash-flow.

Eisner's track record running the Anaheim Angels (MLB), and Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (NHL) was underwhelming and that fits right in with how they have run PFC so far. It would be unrealistic (not withstanding the possibility that perhaps JM etc having a blinder this year) to expect much different from his remaining time here.
The most interesting thing about this article is that it shows a side to ME that we haven't seen before. While it fell short of the 'furious broadside' The News would have us believe, suggesting that NR's Chief Executive is not fit for the job will raise eyebrows among all those who pictured him as some pseudo-Uncle Walt Disney figure. It seems not a very business-like remark or one that is going to advance the club's long-term objectives.
(10-08-2023, 12:59 PM)Milkins Wrote: [ -> ]If ME was genuinely interested in developing the North Stand, or indeed the whole stadium, to get us up to a sensible size, he would have already have got on with it. The time to extend the stadium was over the past few years when demand was lower (or non existent in Covid-time). The time to extend is not when/if we get promoted as at that point there will be more demand for tickets.

This spat with NR strikes me as another distraction. ME & Tornante have the resource to fund this, and let's be honest, have always had the resource to fund a good portion of a full development of Fratton out of cash-flow.

Eisner's track record running the Anaheim Angels (MLB), and Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (NHL) was underwhelming and that fits right in with how they have run PFC so far. It would be unrealistic (not withstanding the possibility that perhaps JM etc having a blinder this year) to expect much different from his remaining time here.

Didn’t the ducks win the Stanley cup?
(10-08-2023, 11:26 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-08-2023, 11:15 AM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]Look beyond the facade on Penny. Voting history tells you everything.

It's rail land, we cannot build a bridge without their agreement.  PCC, PFC & the Retail centre are all up for it, but National Rail will not play ball.  All three parties have every right to be angry .

Not that I'm pro NR but there's no way I'd help fund a study that will put further pressure on me to stump up more cash down the road. I may be wrong but I haven't read anywhere that it's just access over the land that's the problem. I was led to believe that the club doesn't want to pay for the bridge all itself. If that's not the case, then the club has so far failed to make that clear enough.

I'm going to sound even more pro NR (I'm not!) but they probably stand to get the least benefit of better links to Fratton. On match days, the traffic would be heavy and too busy to process tickets and the idea that people will swarm over to Fratton on non match days is a bit optimistic. You only have to look at Brighton and the chaos that is Felpham railway station on match days and dust balls on non match days. I wonder who paid for Brighton's railway upgrade bearing in mind they weren't a PL club at that time. Ive a slight feeling it was a billionaire owner....

As far as regeneration entails, so far the Pompey plan appears to entail some more flatpack houses and the same shopping centre. Not sure that will get people flocking to and from that side of Portsmouth.

The best way to put pressure to get NR to play ball is to get promoted. It's a lot harder to dick about a PL or championship team than it is a perennial League 1 team.
It wasn't their billionaire owner that paid for it .... it was you and me because the government gave them £31million for the project.
(10-08-2023, 02:59 PM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-08-2023, 11:26 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

Not that I'm pro NR but there's no way I'd help fund a study that will put further pressure on me to stump up more cash down the road. I may be wrong but I haven't read anywhere that it's just access over the land that's the problem. I was led to believe that the club doesn't want to pay for the bridge all itself. If that's not the case, then the club has so far failed to make that clear enough.

I'm going to sound even more pro NR (I'm not!) but they probably stand to get the least benefit of better links to Fratton. On match days, the traffic would be heavy and too busy to process tickets and the idea that people will swarm over to Fratton on non match days is a bit optimistic. You only have to look at Brighton and the chaos that is Felpham railway station on match days and dust balls on non match days. I wonder who paid for Brighton's railway upgrade bearing in mind they weren't a PL club at that time. Ive a slight feeling it was a billionaire owner....

As far as regeneration entails, so far the Pompey plan appears to entail some more flatpack houses and the same shopping centre. Not sure that will get people flocking to and from that side of Portsmouth.

The best way to put pressure to get NR to play ball is to get promoted. It's a lot harder to dick about a PL or championship team than it is a perennial League 1 team.

Lawrence, I’m confident National Rail don’t care what league we’re in.

The people living in the flat pack houses (whatever that means) will be flocking over to that side of Portsmouth.
Pages: 1 2 3