TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Exeter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Glad to hear Mouse tell the team they were sloppy.
If we stroll out on Tuesday thinking we are world beaters, like some Pompey teams would have done, we will come down with a bump. 

Let's hope for a similar atmosphere, a real team effort and a great night to really get the season rolling!
A really important game on Tuesday...even this early on in the season.

Exeter are no mugs. A comprehensive win at Wycombe on the opening day, followed up with a draw against Blackpool...and they've yet to concede a goal.

This is the sort of game where Pompey have traditionally screwed up.....off the back of a great result on Saturday, and the chance to make a real statement in front of the TV cameras. 

If we're to be serious challengers this season then Tuesday night is when we need to do the business....and if we do, then it could really give us a platform to build from.
ahhh
I forgot Sky are coming to poop on our party
Often a bad game when Sky is in there....
5-1
No problem
We normally do ok against the grecians but shyte on telly. It's gonna be a draw isn't it.
I've no idea because we might have had a few since, but our last live televised win - was it against Exeter in a Trophy semi final
(13-08-2023, 06:46 PM)66zoolane Wrote: [ -> ]I've no idea because we might have had a few since, but our last live televised win - was it against Exeter in a Trophy semi final

great game that was, loads of kids there to enjoy it too.
One thing with Exeter, their fans usually come and have some fun. 

A big positive for us is that just about all the players now know they an be dropped if they are not at their best. Not had that for I have no idea how many years.
I'll be there for one of the few games I can get to. Last season we had a 100% win record when I went.
(13-08-2023, 09:22 PM)teeftwo Wrote: [ -> ]I'll be there for one of the few games I can get to. Last season we had a 100% win record when I went.
That's blown our chances then  Big Grin
My granddaughter is coming along and she has yet to see us lose too.
Enough reasons here to lay the Pompey win as a softener, hoping I lose of course
(13-08-2023, 09:22 PM)teeftwo Wrote: [ -> ]I'll be there for one of the few games I can get to. Last season we had a 100% win record when I went.

Be warned...

Season before last I got back for 9 games - 8 wins and a draw (2-2 at Charlton).

Last season got back for 7.
6 defeats and a draw.

Just the draw this season so far.

10pm evening kickoffs aren't my cup of tea though.
(14-08-2023, 09:24 AM)simonfkwit Wrote: [ -> ]

Be warned...

Season before last I got back for 9 games - 8 wins and a draw (2-2 at Charlton).

Last season got back for 7.
6 defeats and a draw.

Just the draw this season so far.

10pm evening kickoffs aren't my cup of tea though.
10pm? Do you "come back" from a different time zone? or should we replace simon with hal in your name.
The fact that you need to ask says a lot.
I'd like to see us make a faster start than we have done so far this season. We've adapted and changed well after these sluggish starts but that's only going to work so many times.
(15-08-2023, 12:15 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to see us make a faster start than we have done so far this season. We've adapted and changed well after these sluggish starts but that's only going to work so many times.

last season, I believe we had a great record if we scored first, need to get that net boinging early!