TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: We never got out of 2nd gear
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We didn't need to!
I thought we could've started brighter but Orient were a shambles.
Piss poor goalkeeper,  worse fullbacks, a midfielder flattered to deceive and Piggott up front with no service of any kind.
We started at their 'terrible' level and got lucky with the first goal although even then, it was coming.
Thereafter they had one moment that they probably lament when Moncur was brilliantly denied by Poole and Norris.
2-0 and Bishop is up and running. 
At half time they probably thought 'how'? Here's how, orient were crap.
Pompey came out 2nd half and literally took the piss without ever looking like they would concede. At 3-0 the game was over and pompey could and maybe should've scored 3 or 4 more.
Pompey did what they had to and saved their legs. Orient were beaten by a very good side who never got out of 2nd gear.
Ritchie Wellens paid Pompey no respect in his post match comments but then we really didn't have to do alot to spank his rather shabby outfit who are definitely on this showing, in trouble, even at this stage of the season
On iFollow we got the Orient commentators and they said ‘McGilvey’ made the block not Poole. I guess they meant Ogilvie but he doesn’t have hair so it obviously wasn’t him. Bit annoying as last year we had Guy and the other bloke (I can’t remember his name) both home and away
I can't really understand Wellens downplaying the Pompey performance when his team lost 4-0 at home. What's the scoreline going to be when a team really does 'wow' him against Orient?
(13-08-2023, 11:20 AM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]On iFollow we got the Orient commentators and they said ‘McGilvey’ made the block not Poole. I guess they meant Ogilvie but he doesn’t have hair so it obviously wasn’t him. Bit annoying as last year we had Guy and the other bloke (I can’t remember his name) both home and away

Don't you still get a choice between home or away commentary ??
Wellens is a coont
(13-08-2023, 12:27 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-08-2023, 11:20 AM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]On iFollow we got the Orient commentators and they said ‘McGilvey’ made the block not Poole. I guess they meant Ogilvie but he doesn’t have hair so it obviously wasn’t him. Bit annoying as last year we had Guy and the other bloke (I can’t remember his name) both home and away

If you watch it on Pompey ifollow you get a choice, if you watch it for free you don’t always get to choose.
I thought the game was between two very ordinary sides and a four nil score line was one of the most flattering I’ve ever seen.

Pack continues to be very lucky to get a place in the team.

Pigott showed why he’s at Orient and not a bigger club.

Robertson looks class and Yengi has got the great god of goal scoring with him.

I’ll take four goals and three points every time.
(13-08-2023, 01:02 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

If you watch it on Pompey ifollow you get a choice, if you watch it for free you don’t always get to choose.

I didn't know you can watch for free.

Via a streaming service?
illegally pretty much
(13-08-2023, 07:51 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]

Via a streaming service?

Yes via a fire stick. I told you about 10 times last season Mikey. You can also watch the full game the day after for free on ifollow.
More freeloading.

It’s usually the ones who complain the most about the Eisners not putting enough money into the club.
(14-08-2023, 05:22 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]More freeloading.

It’s usually the ones who complain the most about the Eisners not putting enough money into the club.

I do like to complain about them don’t I?
(13-08-2023, 09:36 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

Via a streaming service?

Yes via a fire stick. I told you about 10 times last season Mikey. You can also watch the full game the day after for free on ifollow.

How do you watch it on firestick (what channel) ?
I haven't had ther stick long  Rolleyes
(14-08-2023, 08:38 AM)foxleyblue Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-08-2023, 12:27 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Don't you still get a choice between home or away commentary ??

Via a streaming service?

You need to know a bloke down the Pub, who knows a bloke.......
...or have access to Google.
(14-08-2023, 06:31 AM)Santa release Claus Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-08-2023, 08:39 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]illegally pretty much

Under what law?

Copywright law isn't it ? 

https://www.fact-uk.org.uk/consumer-advi...0a%20crime.

but yes, you are right that individual consumers are very very unlikely to get caught because it is the mainly the people providing the stream that they are after. 

So rare that it would appear no individual consumers have ever been prosecuted (although one was arrested) but as the cease and desist email that went out to consumers in 2020 made clear it is a legal possbility for that to happen. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/tech/free-...75530.html

Has the law changed since then ?
(14-08-2023, 08:52 AM)2_Kuhl Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-08-2023, 08:38 AM)foxleyblue Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-08-2023, 01:02 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]If you watch it on Pompey ifollow you get a choice, if you watch it for free you don’t always get to choose.

Via a streaming service?

You need to know a bloke down the Pub, who knows a bloke.......

Name? Big Grin
(13-08-2023, 07:03 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]I thought the game was between two very ordinary sides and a four nil score line was one of the most flattering I’ve ever seen.

Pack continues to be very lucky to get a place in the team.

Pigott showed why he’s at Orient and not a bigger club.

Robertson looks class and Yengi has got the great god of goal scoring with him.

I’ll take four goals and three points every time.

In  you go Cunning. You'll only get two chances to slag Pigott off this season. Glad you didn't miss one.
If I used a hooky feed on a firestick I'd get fired for gross misconduct given my employer.

It seems like a victimless crime I'm sure but there are thousands of people involved in making films, tv series and live programming. Not just big businesses, small ones as well. Every time someone gets around paying it hurts the little guy the most. It is no different to shoplifting from a local business.

And with smart TVs now in possession of a fair amount of personal information just how safe do you think these streaming devices are? You are pretty much giving a free pass to someone out there accessing your home network. And I doubt they're nice people either.
(14-08-2023, 01:35 PM)teeftwo Wrote: [ -> ]If I used a hooky feed on a firestick I'd get fired for gross misconduct given my employer.

It seems like a victimless crime I'm sure but there are thousands of people involved in making films, tv series and live programming. Not just big businesses, small ones as well. Every time someone gets around paying it hurts the little guy the most. It is no different to shoplifting from a local business.

And with smart TVs now in possession of a fair amount of personal information just how safe do you think these streaming devices are? You are pretty much giving a free pass to someone out there accessing your home network. And I doubt they're nice people either.

Use a VPN.
(14-08-2023, 01:02 PM)Santa release Claus Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-08-2023, 09:56 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

Under what law?

but yes, you are right that individual consumers are very very unlikely to get caught because it is the mainly the people providing the stream that they are after. 

So rare that it would appear no individual consumers have ever been prosecuted (although one was arrested) but as the cease and desist email that went out to consumers in 2020 made clear it is a legal possbility for that to happen. 

What part of copyright law prohibits watching the Internet in a private dwelling?

No idea, but plenty of sites are saying the same thing  This one says "Illegal streaming is streaming illicit copies of any content, including films, TV shows, or sports content, without the copyright owner’s permission. This can include watching illegal content using an add-on accessed from a device like a set-top box or a stick, streaming from an unauthorised website, or streaming via an app (on a smart TV, mobile phone, tablet, laptop or games console)."  

https://crimestoppers-uk.org/keeping-saf...-the-risks

If you want to argue then don't argue with me - I'm not really interested in the subject - write to fact.uk, or the independent, or Crimestoppers and tell them why you know better than they do.  I'm sure they will be pleased to be put right by an expert.   The bit you are right about is that there is an infinitessimal chance of being caught.
(14-08-2023, 03:19 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

Under what law?

What part of copyright law prohibits watching the Internet in a private dwelling?

No idea, but plenty of sites are saying the same thing  This one says "Illegal streaming is streaming illicit copies of any content, including films, TV shows, or sports content, without the copyright owner’s permission. This can include watching illegal content using an add-on accessed from a device like a set-top box or a stick, streaming from an unauthorised website, or streaming via an app (on a smart TV, mobile phone, tablet, laptop or games console)."  

If you want to argue then don't argue with me - I'm not really interested in the subject - write to fact.uk, or the independent, or Crimestoppers and tell them why you know better than they do.  I'm sure they will be pleased to be put right by an expert.   The bit you are right about is that there is an infinitessimal chance of being caught.

Individuals have got away with it so far, pubs and clubs not so much. As I live locally, I listen to the radio for free when it is not available and pay when it is, part of calling myself a supporter rather than a hanger on.
(14-08-2023, 03:58 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-08-2023, 06:31 AM)Santa release Claus Wrote: [ -> ]Under what law?

Individuals have got away with it so far, pubs and clubs not so much. As I live locally, I listen to the radio for free when it is not available and pay when it is, part of calling myself a supporter rather than a hanger on.

Well I have an audio pass for when I’m not at home for away games, have a season ticket for home games and stream the away games which aren’t available in the UK anyway.

Think I can class myself as a supporter.
(14-08-2023, 06:22 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-08-2023, 03:58 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-08-2023, 09:56 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Copywright law isn't it ? 

Well I have an audio pass for when I’m not at home for away games, have a season ticket for home games and stream the away games which aren’t available in the UK anyway.

Think I can class myself as a supporter.
perfectly
unlike some who call themselves football supporters and spend all their time avoiding paying for games in all kinds if ways

I watch it on iFollow. What do I press to get to choose what commentary I get? I never had to do that last season
Pages: 1 2