TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Yellow Cards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
5 for Pompey last night, in what was never a dirty game. With that in mind I had a look at the BBC website to see how we are doing in that respect. We got 4 yellows v Bristol Rovers, 3 at Forest Green, 2 at Orient then the 5 last night, 14 in 4 games with Poole, Robertson and Yengi on 2 already.
Several of them for kicking the ball away at free kicks. Have to eliminate that pronto
(16-08-2023, 09:45 AM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]5 for Pompey last night, in what was never a dirty game. With that in mind I had a look at the BBC website to see how we are doing in that respect. We got 4 yellows v Bristol Rovers, 3 at Forest Green, 2 at Orient then the 5 last night, 14 in 4 games with Poole, Robertson and Yengi on 2 already.

Didn't help that we were on Sky last night. The ref was scared stiff of not following orders. Ogilvie's yellow card, whilst technically correct, was ridiculous.
A few more need to follow Morrell's example   Big Grin
(16-08-2023, 09:58 AM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Several of them for kicking the ball away at free kicks. Have to eliminate that pronto

Yep Robertson's at Orient being one
Two last night, I think
Tbh the Ref was waving us so many yellows I have forgotten what they were for
(16-08-2023, 12:40 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Two last night, I think

Yes indeed Sparkes and Ogilvie

And both unnecessary - as at Orient.
(16-08-2023, 02:11 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]

Five.

I'm sure dsmg was posting about kicking the ball away Bill. Og did and Sparkes headed one away. You are right of course, there were 5, 3 of which were for fouls.
I realise now. Hence the edit. Thanks, Northstander.
(16-08-2023, 02:15 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-08-2023, 02:11 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]

Five.

I'm sure dsmg was posting about kicking the ball away Bill. Og did and Sparkes headed one away. You are right of course, there were 5, 3 of which were for fouls.

I wondered about the Sparkes one, haven’t watched it again but didn’t hear it to their player? Should he have just left the ball which would have taken longer?

This will all calm down in a couple of games and normal service will be resumed.
I thought it was very obvious last night that Exeter have read and understand the new rules on behaviour. Such as waving for a card (Pack got away with it, someone else did not)
We looked to be ignoring those changes and stacked up cards for just the "dark arts" that have been identified as no longer acceptable.
I really hope this continues for the whole season not just for a few weeks. In the long run that will benefit any team who wants to play football especially against the likes of WW.
It's classic early season FA reffing gimmicks. They will all go as soon as a Premiership superstar gets sent off/doesn't get sent off for doing the same.
(16-08-2023, 09:30 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]It's classic early season FA reffing gimmicks. They will all go as soon as a Premiership superstar gets sent off/doesn't get sent off for doing the same.

I suspect that too, but I think this is an international requirement passed down to all of the FAs
Let's get this into perspective.
This is our seventh year in this crappy little league and in that time the only thing we've seen improve is the art of 'game management' and the level of dissent. It's time something was done about it and Pompey have got to make sure that they adopt the new approach quickly. We are one of the better sides so we should be one of the first to benefit from other sides, in simple terms, cheating.
(16-08-2023, 10:11 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]A few more need to follow Morrell's example   Big Grin
You mean a straight red rather than several yellows?