TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Coming up..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Saturday home to Cheltenham. Should win. Then comes a real test of how good we are.. 
Stevenage Away 
Posh Home (twice)
Barnsley Away 
Derby Away. 
7 points from those next 4 league games plus a cup win would be a good return. Any more than that would really make this a great start. I feel like we have the team to do it this season but let's see after these.
the end of september was always regarded as important
I would hope that Mousinho would be targeting 15 points, to set a marker for the other sides in the division.
Actually beating Cheltenham convincingly I'd high on my list. We have struggled year after year to beat sides that never believe they should be in the same league as us!
Now hear me out. With all due respect, they come here and park the bus and we struggle to break them down because they sit and defend a point. We have perennially struggled to break down these 'bastards' and need to dump Cheltenham to break another hoodoo.
We need every point we can before we collapse we do our shit January thing
It's hard to call you out about that slayer bit shit football or not, we are going up this year
Gulp!!
17 points or bust
(17-08-2023, 04:28 PM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]Actually beating Cheltenham convincingly I'd high on my list. We have struggled year after year to beat sides that never believe they should be in the same league as us!
Now hear me out. With all due respect, they come here and park the bus and we struggle to break them down because they sit and defend a point. We have perennially struggled to break down these 'bastards' and need to dump Cheltenham to break another hoodoo.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Exeter game, looking forward to this one too. 
Its nice winning by several goals from time to time, but a tough encounter is more fun.
As ever, get that first goal and make them come at you a bit.
(17-08-2023, 07:39 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-08-2023, 04:28 PM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]Actually beating Cheltenham convincingly I'd high on my list. We have struggled year after year to beat sides that never believe they should be in the same league as us!

Its nice winning by several goals from time to time, but a tough encounter is more fun.

Got to admit, I just prefer winning by several goals

Didn't we beat Cheltenham 4-0 last season? Quite impressively as I recall.
(17-08-2023, 11:09 PM)SouthseaBubble Wrote: [ -> ]

Exactly,1-0 up after 5 mins
(18-08-2023, 04:13 AM)farq2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-08-2023, 11:09 PM)SouthseaBubble Wrote: [ -> ]

As I said, get an early first goal and then murder them! 
The fans feel more patient this season, mostly because we are attacking with some intent. 
Exactly,1-0 up after 5 mins
Obviously it would be hugely encouraging to win some of these games and pick up a haul of points. I would say thought that it isn't necessarily these matches that define the season. It is largely about relentlessly beating the teams you should be beating week in week out home or away.

Last season we lost fewer games than the four teams above us but 17 wins was never likely to be enough to go up. Our record against the promoted/playoff sides last season could have been better. A point each off of Plymouth, Sheff Wed and Ipswich and Barnsley, three off Bolton and Peterborough and two off of Derby who narrowly missed the playoffs. That wasn't fantastic but it was too many draws and some dreadful defeats against teams we should have been better against that really did for us.

One point off of MK Don's, nothing off of Charlton, two draws against Shrewsbury, Fleetwood at home being 1-1, Port Vale 2-2 etc etc. That said I would take 4 draws from those 4 league games. We'll need north of 26 or so wins to go up automatically so that would still leave plenty of opportunities to get those.