TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: 4th Official
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any volunteers to run the line?
Jimmy Hill was the last time I remember that happening.
Sadly some guy ran the line after several pints in hospitality. Shame or we could have had the garbage abandoned and all got down the pub!
He's got a story to tell for life now!
(19-08-2023, 10:10 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]He's got a story to tell for life now!

Should have got a "he's one of our own" chant really.

Deebo

A 'one of our own' reffed a cup game in a match I played in many moons ago when the ref didn’t show. He gave us 3 pens and disallowed two of their goals for 'offside'. A similar thing happened in another local match I heard of where the 'one of our own' ref played 15 minutes of extra time until his team equalised upon which he promptly blew the full time whistle.
(20-08-2023, 08:02 AM)BabaOReally Wrote: [ -> ]Should have got a "he's one of our own" chant really.

He literally did. FE sang the 4th official he's one of our own
My dad, who was an Isthmian League referee, always dreamed of this happening when he was at the Park. I think he may have even kept his kit in the boot of the car, just on the off-chance.
(20-08-2023, 12:27 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-08-2023, 08:02 AM)BabaOReally Wrote: [ -> ]Should have got a "he's one of our own" chant really.

Shame they did sing it loud enough for him to hear. Could hear it his side of the halfway line.

Why did they sing 4th Official ?  He was running the line.
You tell 'em Deep Rolleyes
(20-08-2023, 03:44 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

There’s something wrong with you mush.
(20-08-2023, 03:44 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

....linesman wouldn't scan would it?
I once reffed a game I was meant to be playing in as the proper ref was sick. Blew the whistle early for full time as I was bloomin' starving after all the running around and wanted to get home for Sunday dinner. Never had to cover that much ground as a right back!