TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: "Stop the loans"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, that was my thread from last season and I was pleased to see that policy being followed.... until we sign a young, inexperienced, average, academy player ON LOAN and then make him our playmaking number 10 (wearing 8). If he is the flare player we have been anticipating all summer then IMO we will not be promoted this season.
Think he's been brilliant so far
Not delivering enough.
I certainly didn’t have a problem with Robertson. I think he’s a very good player and was one of the few bright spots around Cheltenhams box.
There seems to be this assumption that creative goal scoring number 10s grow on trees. Ideally we'd have one to call our own but they clearly couldn't find one in our price range who represented value for money in their judgement.
(20-08-2023, 05:54 AM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]Not delivering enough.

Morrell pack Whyte and Scully deliver less
(19-08-2023, 11:19 PM)HotToddy Wrote: [ -> ]Well, that was my thread from last season and I was pleased to see that policy being followed.... until we sign a young, inexperienced, average, academy player ON LOAN and then make him our playmaking number 10 (wearing 8). If he is the flare player we have been anticipating all summer then IMO we will not be promoted this season.

I don't understand how anyone can watch the games he has played and not be excited by the prospect of him growing into the role. He has only had two league starts so the level he is already performing at is spectacular.

He clearly has all the ability in the world and looks a very intelligent player and when he settles in fully I see no reason why he can't be an integral part in a successful promotion push. 

If Saydee could shoot we would be top of the league, I can see no reasoon for wrist-slitting because of one poor performance.
We just need to play 3-5-2 against teams that park the bus. Bishop and Yengi will get the job done
A touch too early for us to start trying to pick the team and the formation methinks. We were a post away from winning
I've seen him live twice, in both games he was one of our stand out performers.
This sort of response is why we should stop wasting money on a youth system. Some of our fans kill off youngsters confidence rather than helping them get over mistakes.
He would do even better if we trusted one of Pack or Morrell to be the defensive pin, and push a midfield player up next to him. especially at home.

But however good he is, there is no way we will be able to play him every game, so need to have an option to take his place.
(19-08-2023, 11:19 PM)HotToddy Wrote: [ -> ]Well, that was my thread from last season and I was pleased to see that policy being followed.... until we sign a young, inexperienced, average, academy player ON LOAN and then make him our playmaking number 10 (wearing 8). If he is the flare player we have been anticipating all summer then IMO we will not be promoted this season.

Lol
(20-08-2023, 10:05 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't understand how anyone can watch the games he has played and not be excited by the prospect of him growing into the role. He has only had two league starts so the level he is already performing at is spectacular.

He clearly has all the ability in the world and looks a very intelligent player and when he settles in fully I see no reason why he can't be an integral part in a successful promotion push. 

If Saydee could shoot we would be top of the league, I can see no reasoon for wrist-slitting because of one poor performance.

With Lowery injured and the transfer window closing I am concerned that we are putting too much reliance on a young, inexperienced player. If we want to do that then get Jewett-White in the squad and train him to become our No 10. I am pro the manager and the club, but unless we look like we will get promoted I don't see the loan as having any benefit. I hope he comes good and if I am not yet seeing his performances as 'spectacular' then I hope I will soon.
(21-08-2023, 06:00 AM)HotToddy Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-08-2023, 10:05 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

With Lowery injured and the transfer window closing I am concerned that we are putting too much reliance on a young, inexperienced player. If we want to do that then get Jewett-White in the squad and train him to become our No 10. I am pro the manager and the club, but unless we look like we will get promoted I don't see the loan as having any benefit. I hope he comes good and if I am not yet seeing his performances as 'spectacular' then I hope I will soon.

"Unless we look like we will get promoted I don't see the loan as having any benefit"

That's the whole effing point of this loan - to make sure we are in the promotion race. And so far so good, 8 points from 4 games all season gives us 92 points.
Appreciate your opinions. That's what the board should be about.

1. If our no 8 was that good then why didn't a Prem or Championship club come in for him? Sorry but he isn't a Phil Foden. (I'm not knocking the player)

2. Regards JW. If he was in the squad he might not get game time, but he would be training with better players and therefore could improve. He is our player after all. If he is on loan at a lower club then we should just release him because he will not improve around minor players.

No loans in or out. Well at least not so many. That's my view.
If it turns out we are loan with intent to buy, I would be delighted.
For his first and second ever games at this level he did very well indeed.
I do think he would do even better for an experienced head next to him rather than playing two defensive mids behind him. The sort of signing Harry was so good at finding with jut one more season in their legs.
1. How do you know they didn't? Perhaps he chose us because he knew we really wanted him as we had been tracking him for months watching his games and sounding him out.
2.HJW is IMO the best young prospect we have had for years, but he needs games so a local non-league club at the right level to be recalled from if we need him is perfect. The idea that we shouldn't send youngsters out on loan for experience is crazy .
(21-08-2023, 03:57 PM)HotToddy Wrote: [ -> ]Appreciate your opinions. That's what the board should be about.

1. If our no 8 was that good then why didn't a Prem or Championship club come in for him? Sorry but he isn't a Phil Foden. (I'm not knocking the player)

2. Regards JW. If he was in the squad he might not get game time, but he would be training with better players and therefore could improve. He is our player after all. If he is on loan at a lower club then we should just release him because he will not improve around minor players.

Of course he’s not Phil Foden or he wouldn’t be in L1 ffs!

This has to be the most moronic post this board has ever seen.
Really?
(20-08-2023, 06:48 AM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]There seems to be this assumption that creative goal scoring number 10s grow on trees. Ideally we'd have one to call our own but they clearly couldn't find one in our price range who represented value for money in their judgement.

Exactly the point of been making on here but no one ever listens. Good No.10's cost money & we don't want to spend at that level. Wing would have been ideal but out of our price range it seems!
(22-08-2023, 05:10 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-08-2023, 06:48 AM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]There seems to be this assumption that creative goal scoring number 10s grow on trees. Ideally we'd have one to call our own but they clearly couldn't find one in our price range who represented value for money in their judgement.

Exactly the point of been making on here but no one ever listens. Good No.10's cost money & we don't want to spend at that level. Wing would have been ideal but out of our price range it seems!

No one listens because you listen Mikey.
"This has to be the most moronic post this board has ever seen".

Good lord, no! (You must be a JCL).
(22-08-2023, 06:17 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]"This has to be the most moronic post this board has ever seen".

Good lord, no! (You must be a JCL).

Nah 00/01 Rivals!
(21-08-2023, 03:57 PM)HotToddy Wrote: [ -> ]Appreciate your opinions. That's what the board should be about.

Hot Toddy -  You do realise that HJW, JO & our other  loanees at National League South & lower are still training with PFC for at least 2  days per week & possibly more. 

These teams are part time &  only train two or  three evenings per week at the most so there is a lot of daytime training avalable to these players.
(22-08-2023, 05:57 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

I've come to the conclusion that you could have an argument with yourself in a phone box!
I do go to some games & watch on Sky as iFollow TV coverage is so bad!
I don't live in the area any longer.
Not that it's any of your business so stroll on.
(22-08-2023, 07:11 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]
(22-08-2023, 05:57 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

I've come to the conclusion that you could have an argument with yourself in a phone box!
I do go to some games & watch on Sky as iFollow TV coverage is so bad!
I don't live in the area any longer.
Not that it's any of your business so stroll on.

I’m not arguing Mikey.

Lol why is the ifollow coverage so bad? It’s worse watching the game than listening?!!

I don’t live in the area either.
Pages: 1 2