TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Robertson
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What a player he could be. Waltzing around defenders like they weren’t there.

Totally at fault for their third goal though. Lost the ball and then gave up the chase on what turned out to be the goalscorer. Almost Pack like.
He’s not Phil Foden though.
He will learn. That's why we have him. Very exciting prospect
pace him, give him a buddy and we will do very well out of him, hope we hve him for the full season.
Robertson came on for the last 30 minutes. For the first 20 of those he hardly touched the ball and the play passed him by. He did have a good swivel in the box but also made a poor defensive error which collectively cost us the lead. And got booked again. He has been booked in three of his last four games.

The last ten minutes he started to play like we want to see him play. On the ball and centrally taking on the defence. He had two great attempts but unfortunately is still to register a goal or an assist.

He was playing against under 21s who were tiring and down to 10 men in the second half. If he had played his first 20 minutes like he did his last 10 then we would have won the game within the 90 minutes.

My comments have been more about how loans are affecting us rather than the individual players.

G100: I wish you would stop trolling all the time. That's why I usually don't bother responding to your posts. We both agree that Robertson is not as good as Phil Foden was at 20 years old. Foden was already first team at that age. That's maybe why we were able to get Robertson rather than him getting into Man City's squad or being loaned to a Prem or Championship club.
(23-08-2023, 02:16 AM)HotToddy Wrote: [ -> ]Robertson came on for the last 30 minutes. For the first 20 of those he hardly touched the ball and the play passed him by. He did have a good swivel in the box but also made a poor defensive error which collectively cost us the lead. And got booked again. He has been booked in three of his last four games.

The last ten minutes he started to play like we want to see him play. On the ball and centrally taking on the defence. He had two great attempts but unfortunately is still to register a goal or an assist.

He was playing against under 21s who were tiring and down to 10 men in the second half. If he had played his first 20 minutes like he did his last 10 then we would have won the game within the 90 minutes.

My comments have been more about how loans are affecting us rather than the individual players.

G100: I wish you would stop trolling all the time. That's why I usually don't bother responding to your posts. We both agree that Robertson is not as good as Phil Foden was at 20 years old. Foden was already first team at that age. That's maybe why we were able to get Robertson rather than him getting into Man City's squad or being loaned to a Prem or Championship club.

Yeah that may be the reason. How long did it take you to work that out?!

Can you go through our squad and say why you think they’re with us and not in the prem?
Pompey have not really had anyone who can come on as a sub and change the game for years. With one exception, the striker last season whose name escapes me, who created a very large number of chances in the time he had on the pitch
Must have been Pigott, Hammie. But don't tell Cunni.
He didn’t say he improved anything. Obviously forgettable and understandably so.
Actually coming on as sub and switching to 2 up front, we very often looked far more threatening.
Partly due to 2 proper strikers enjoying playing together and partly down to his ability to win a header and put someone else in on goal.
But never mind the evidence, one up front is the only way to play these days if you are a young manager.
It's boring and JM reminds me of Norman Major eating peas in Spitting Image.
Norman????
(27-08-2023, 12:18 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Norman????

Maybe Norma was really transgender