TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Two up front
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has to be the norm every game now.
With Swanson in for next 3 games it surely gives the option of 3-5-2 doesn't it? Let's be more positive in our football. Win one lose 2 is, after all, the same as drawing 3.
Swanson getting a run will be interesting as he seems to improve every time I see him.
If we were going to go to 352 we would presumably want to give Hume a try
I think that would be a surprise. Sparkles and Og might still get the nod I reckon.
(26-08-2023, 04:38 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Swanson getting a run will be interesting as he seems to improve every time I see him.
If we were going to go to 352 we would presumably want to give Hume a try

Can't see Hume getting a look in, or any reason why he should  ... nowhere near as good as Sparkes, who has to be first choice for a wing back,  or Ogilvie who never lets you down wherever you play him.
Fucking 352, zzzzz
It would be a bit risky to start playing a wing back system when we don't really have wing backs against some of the better teams in this division. If there is a time to experiment with that sort of thing it is those home games against the weaker sides.
(27-08-2023, 08:26 AM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]It would be a bit risky to start playing a wing back system when we don't really have wing backs against some of the better teams in this division. If there is a time to experiment with that sort of thing it is those home games against the weaker sides.

Swanson & Sparkes are both wing backs.  It is quite possible. 

But why anyyone should be so keen to move to a more defensive formation with only 3 attacking players in the team when we are OK at the back but struggling for goals is beyond me.  

And as yesterday proved yet again, creating the chances is not the problem. It's taking them.
How many chances did we create though, because especially 2nd half we created virtually nothing.
(27-08-2023, 08:43 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-08-2023, 08:26 AM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]It would be a bit risky to start playing a wing back system when we don't really have wing backs against some of the better teams in this division. If there is a time to experiment with that sort of thing it is those home games against the weaker sides.

But why anyyone should be so keen to move to a more defensive formation with only 3 attacking players in the team when we are OK at the back but struggling for goals is beyond me.  

And as yesterday proved yet again, creating the chances is not the problem. It's taking them.

Creating chances IS exactly the problem at the moment!
(27-08-2023, 10:21 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-08-2023, 08:43 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

Creating chances IS exactly the problem at the moment!

Is it really ? The fact is that we created 14 attempts on goal so that says otherwise, especially if you add the two Bishop failed by inches to get on the end of, and the two that Sparkes nearly got to at the far post, plus the worst miss of all by Kamara. Not bad stats away from home, nearly as many as we created against Cheltenham.  It only needed one of those to go in and no-one would be moaning, but our finishing is letting us down. Again.

And yes, most of those were in the first half so the second half was indeed poor but once again the game got disrupted by the sendings off and yet another ref injury, which doesn't help the rhythm of the game.
How many times did we test the keeper? Those are what I call chances.
(27-08-2023, 12:16 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]How many times did we test the keeper? Those are what I call chances.

So if someone misses an open goal without troubling the keeper it is somehow is not a chance missed ???  I don't understand that .... a chance is a chance, whether it is missed or saved or hits the woodwork.
Last time we struggled to score goals, we sent our one goalscorer to train with the youth team.
Maybe we will blame Bishop for it this time too.