TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Snooze coverage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What happened to the usual live coverage today?
Not sure. I‘be had all sorts of issues today on snooze and BBC sport
Glad to know it was not just me, I wonder if they went sick or had a car break down.
They were probably gushing over Victorious.
The print version coverage of Pompey games has all but shrunk to nil, as well.
(26-08-2023, 04:44 PM)Cressers Wrote: [ -> ]They were probably gushing over Victorious.

Yeh
and people moan about prices for tickets, food and drink at football! 
My biggest moan is how much Pompey have to spend, quite rightly, on keeping crowds safe. Victorious put a few metal barriers on the grass and are allowed ten times the crowd.
Probably enough said about to day
I guess we go again.
The News have stopped doing the live commentary thing now. I haven't seen such a desertion of duty from any other local paper - even the dear old Stevenage Comet managed a minute by minute coverage this afternoon. The sooner it's replaced by a proper local news service, the better.
(26-08-2023, 04:44 PM)Cressers Wrote: [ -> ]They were probably gushing over Victorious.

They've been transferred to give minute by minute coverage of McFly.
(26-08-2023, 05:16 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]The News have stopped doing the live commentary thing now. I haven't seen such a desertion of duty from any other local paper - even the dear old Stevenage Comet managed a minute by minute coverage this afternoon. The sooner it's replaced by a proper local news service, the better.

is that an official announcement that I missed?
Today was the first time I did not see it
(26-08-2023, 05:16 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]The News have stopped doing the live commentary thing now. I haven't seen such a desertion of duty from any other local paper - even the dear old Stevenage Comet managed a minute by minute coverage this afternoon. The sooner it's replaced by a proper local news service, the better.

You can get minute by minute updates on Twitter, probably why the news no longer bother
(26-08-2023, 09:36 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

You can get minute by minute updates on Twitter, probably why the news no longer bother

they seem to be referring a lot to Twitter in all their reports.
Shame, don't want to support that particular platform since it change ownership.
its back tonight.
Perhaps one day they will tell us what happened.
I snoozed in the first half. Dropped off for a good ten minutes, apparently.
The club have their own live feed now just like they seem to manage most of the interviews.
Actually, at half time and beyond the News guy seems as depressed by the pointless sideways stuff as the rest of us.
He better take care or find himself banned like Mike Gruesome, back in the day.
The real question is can the news go one day without attaching the word starlet to every player under 21? What the feck does it mean even? I only know that they use it every fecking time!
Rumours that they've had another round of cuts and there's three of them left on Sport now
(01-09-2023, 08:46 AM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]The real question is can the news go one day without attaching the word starlet to every player under 21? What the feck does it mean even? I only know that they use it every fecking time!

I thought it was just me!
Ban it and vibrant too.
Why do they charge so much for a paper that's full of errors?
(06-09-2023, 01:53 PM)foxleyblue Wrote: [ -> ]Why do they charge so much for a paper that's full of errors?

Because they have an undynamic senior leadership team who were slow to adapt to the digitisation of local news coverage. This resulted in cost cutting and therefore a decline to the quality of the product. 

It's nuts that they don't have/use a central editing desk given how many papers they own. I dread to think what the training is like for their journalists. Probably non-existant.

I still read their coverage every day though!
That’s an authoritative analysis, Peds. How come you know so much about newspaper journalism?
I've got a big gob lol

My dad was a publisher and I worked for a market data provider for 10 years so know a little about how to get digital info out to the masses on time and without mistakes.
(06-09-2023, 03:00 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]I've got a big gob lol

My dad was a publisher and I worked for a market data provider for 10 years so know a little about how to get digital info out to the masses on time and without mistakes.

Pity you didn't work for the news then Big Grin