TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Tough games in sept
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Peterborough, Lincoln, Derby and Wigan.  Barnsley already.postponed for international call ups.
I can see a draw against Lincoln 0-0 and maybe 3 other 0-0 draws!
I can't wait!
This would be funny as if it wasn't serious!
It might be easier for us to play teams that want to win games rather then those who just park the bus!
(27-08-2023, 08:00 AM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]It might be easier for us to play teams that want to win games rather then those who just park the bus!

Absolutely, we have always played better against better teams rather than those that regard getting a point against us a major achievement. It was the same when we won Lge 2.
Barnsley has been rearranged for 7.45 p.m. Tuesday 19th Sept
i would say every game no matter who the opposition are,is going to be a battle of sorts.
(27-08-2023, 08:00 AM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]It might be easier for us to play teams that want to win games rather then those who just park the bus!

If only our problems were just that.
Stevenage didn't park the bus and actually created more and better chances than us.
I think it’s us who park the bus.
Those other teams will be regarding us with equal trepidation. Nobody is running away with it yet.
Cook's team had 4 nil nils at home I seem to recall. Much unrest in the stands.
Basically there's no hiding place in September. Fans will forgive and move on from this slightly sluggish start if we pick up some big wins in the league. If we crumble against teams having a go then the excuses (especially mine) are rendered useless.
It will be interesting to see how the new centre half pairing does under pressure from better sides.
If we can still keep clean sheets against the best sides then we are pretty sure to have a good season.