TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Rafferty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looked a really harsh red. More sinned against than sinner.

Worth an appeal ?
(27-08-2023, 07:19 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Looked a really harsh red. More sinned against than sinner.

Worth an appeal ?

Waste of time appealing, hardly ever get overturned. Besides if you react like he did then you're asking for trouble.
Someone posted that from certain viewpoints, he swung a punch. Can't tell from the iplayer pictures, but presumably the linesman on the far side would have seen it. and the ref did not give a red until after chatting with his oppo.
Actually, having stomped half way across the pitch to get in the ref's face after the red card, Morrell was lucky not to add to his collection. of yellows, given the new instructions. More and more he reminds me of Kevin Dillon without the shooting ability.
Yeah, when Dillon hit a ball, it stayed hit! His shooting was deadly. Too slow though and talked the talk but got a 'smashing' from John Fashanu that broke his cheek bone. Tbf, he played on!
Both Fashanus got away with some serious assaults on all sorts of players down the years, Eric Young too,.
(27-08-2023, 08:25 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Someone posted that from certain viewpoints, he swung a punch. Can't tell from the iplayer pictures, but presumably the linesman on the far side would have seen  it. and the ref did not give a red until after chatting with his oppo.
Actually, having stomped half way across the pitch to get in the ref's face after the red card, Morrell was lucky not to add to his collection. of yellows, given the new instructions. More and more he reminds me of Kevin Dillon without the shooting ability.

Dillon was in a different class to Morell who's just an accident waiting happen!
Dillon was a class act. I think Morrell would never have got near top football 30 years ago.
(29-08-2023, 07:29 PM)FiftyYearsOn Wrote: [ -> ]Dillon was a class act. I think Morrell would never have got near top football 30 years ago.

Definitely not. Dillon was always top two leagues apart from half a season helping us get promoted by scoring pens. 
Pack and Morrell does not offer enough as a pair, still not convinced that two defensive mids is anything except a limiting factor on our attacking force.
I can imagine Micky Kennedy's response to being told he needed a defensive buddy.
(29-08-2023, 06:58 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Both Fashanus got away with some serious assaults on all sorts of players down the years, Eric Young too,.

I was at the match v Wimbledon in Div1. Horrible game and very physical and obviously Eric Young did his assault on Knight in front of the Pompey end . Fashanu at it all night aswell .
(29-08-2023, 07:29 PM)FiftyYearsOn Wrote: [ -> ]Dillon was a class act. I think Morrell would never have got near top football 30 years ago.

He was very definately a class act but there again so were Pompey compared this current shower of ....!!
(29-08-2023, 09:53 PM)Bedhamptonblue69 Wrote: [ -> ]
(29-08-2023, 06:58 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Both Fashanus got away with some serious assaults on all sorts of players down the years, Eric Young too,.

I was at the match v Wimbledon in Div1. Horrible game and very physical and obviously Eric Young did his assault on Knight in front of the Pompey end . Fashanu at it all night aswell .

I recall watching from behind the goal as Dave Beasant got the ball and 20 players sprinted away from him. The current football is boring as hell, but that was just as bad. The one redeeming feature being that there was a lot of goalmouth action and saves from the keepers. 

Knight being out helped get us relegated too as he was a top top keeper especially on crosses until that destruction of his face.
Kevin Dillon was a class act usually miles ahead of anyone else on the pitch could pick out a pass beautifully.
Christ, an oi oi post without insulting anybody
Quick, call him a twat, Savs!

Your reputation is at stake.