TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Team Tonight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Schofield
Swanson, Raggett, Towler, Sparkes
Devlin, Stevenson
Lane, Robertson, Mottoh
Saydee

Subs
Norris, Quarm, Poole, Ogilvie, Pack, Morrell, Bishop Folarin, Kamara
Nice and leaky that defence. Let's hope we can outscore 'boro tonight!
Or, on the other hand, plenty of attacking options
Only able to listen on the radio, but one team seems to be making chances and it ain't us
Had a few now, Hammie. It sounds like an interesting game so far. Robertson doing well according to Whitts.
Our reserve keeper does not seem to be covering himself in glory in the midweek games so far
I suppose losing tonight winning Saturday is perfectly acceptable but would mean our reserves don't get many games for the rest of the season. On the other hand winning is a habit and we seem to have completely lost that (along with scoring goals). Anyway, early days, we might storm back to win.
Reverted to type. Not creating chances at the moment.
Boro seem to be a lot better organised than Pompey.
Is Mottah good enough yet against a decent club, Kamara might be a better option for the second half.
They were labelled a a very young team so might fade.
2nd half subs ifwe want to win this games. Bishop, Pack, Kamara
I wouldn't use Pack. but I can only go by the radio commentary. I hope we switch to two up front early enough to make a difference. We did that almost every game at the end of last season but had a very good striker sub to come on who made a difference by knitting things together. I think Robertson was booked so might hook him off to prevent a young player getting a suspension.
Fortunately i'm not watching this. Any bets on when we'll score our next goal? I'm going for mid October.
(29-08-2023, 07:44 PM)Jizbag Wrote: [ -> ]Fortunately i'm not watching this. Any bets on when we'll score our next goal? I'm going for mid October.

I would be very happy to see a switch to 2 up front and a goal.
Harry switched to 352 at Palace and spent the rest of the season stomping all over the opposition.
Bobby Robson was forced to play Beardsley and the boy Lineker and suddenly found a good team.

It would be nice to stumble into an attacking formation and then stick with it.
1-1, good goal by Saydee by all accounts. Raggers with a good ball and then a Lane cross.
a winger and a big striker, good oh.
If Lane can stop head butting the woodwork and stay fit he must be pushing for a start in the league, of all our wingers seems to create most problems so far.
how many draws is that now if we include 3-3 with fulham kids and tonight?
12, I reckon
impressive tally! Seems as if Mighty Morrell failed from the spot as well. Not becoming a fans favourite is he.
Surprised Kamara and Morrell were picked to take pens ahead of the likes of Lane. Anyway, it's the Sat game that matters. 3pts on the coupon for me.
Absolutely right. But if it's 0-0 there will be some growing unrest! Does tonight count in the records as another game in our sensational unbeaten run?
Lost potential cup revenue so no extra money for transfers.

Have to sell more merchandise to make up for it.
Completely different teams on Saturday.
Can't see many of the stiffs pushing for a first team place.
Perhaps Lane and obviously Swansom.
Saydee a good back up but won't get in unless he displaces Robertson or by some miracle we play two up front.
Can't understand how Morrell missed. The goal is 50ft tall to him
(29-08-2023, 08:53 PM)FiftyYearsOn Wrote: [ -> ]impressive tally! Seems as if Mighty Morrell failed from the spot as well. Not becoming a fans favourite is he.

You maybe right but he's the best midfielder we've got!
Pages: 1 2