TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: DoF model
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Did we really expect the system to change?
(29-08-2023, 09:45 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]Did we really expect the system to change?

No.
Because whatever option we look at the one that prevails will be the cheap option.
The system has changed. Just need Moushino to do his job now.

Pick a formation that can win.
Maybe if we progressed up the field going forward and attacking with actual crosses into the ‘box’ and not up,back ,sideways ,sideways ,sideways ,back ,up ,back ,speculative shot.
(30-08-2023, 06:22 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]The system has changed. Just need Moushino to do his job now.

No, pick a game plan that includes passing the ball forwards.
not so much cheap as modern
They all come out of the FA brainwashing and do the same.
I don't think it will go on for much longer, experience tells me that the experts running the courses will soon have to come up with a new "big idea" else they are no longer experts and the gravy train of trainees will end.
So the new big idea will be moving the ball quickly to avoid the high press, could even just boot it over their heads and leave them running up and down like headless chickens. In fact if you don't play out from the back, the high press becomes totally redundant.
(30-08-2023, 07:58 AM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]
(30-08-2023, 06:22 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]The system has changed. Just need Moushino to do his job now.

Why no? Are you against winning? Are the two mutually exclusive?
(31-08-2023, 08:15 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(30-08-2023, 07:58 AM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]

Why no? Are you against winning? Are the two mutually exclusive?

A winning formation will still not work without a decent game plan. Winning formations have already been tried this season, but without a decent game plan they didn't work. Or were you just being pedantic.
I’m confused. A winning formation will always work, by its nature, or it isn’t a winning formation. Have I lost grasp of the English language?
There are positives. There is a strategy now where there once was only tactics. Military company here will nod.

But the strategy seems to be to sign plodders from the same pond who want to hold the ball, flood midfield and try and get in on the counter.

Cowley was complicit, Mous the same.

Trainer has changed, quality of players has gone up, but the output of the system is the same cookie cutter shape.