TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Deadline day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Do you think anyone else will come in tomorrow?

Reckon we will sneak another loan in maybe one that probably was excepted to get a championship move but that never materialised.

Or someone like kyle Edwards would be a good pick up
I can’t see us troubling Talksport’s Jim Orange.
We need a goalscoring midfielder and 2 wingers  Tongue
We could do with a proper right winger
I would think that we are pretty much full now unless we send someone else out.
With no more league cup games we are going to struggle to keep any more players match fit.
(31-08-2023, 12:42 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]We could do with a proper right winger

Lane is a proper right winger, and Whyte can be too. He certainly has been in the past (in fact he is still being picked to play internationals there).
Whyte is average and not a winger in the true sense more a wide midfielder. He may get picked to play there for N.I but he's most definitely not a proper old school winger. Lane although he can play and cut in from the right is mainly seen as a left winger/wide player especially for N.I.
I was generally pleased with LANE on Tuesday night , put everything into it, and Don't let anyone say he is not committed.

That goalpost is still shaking!
(31-08-2023, 02:48 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Whyte is average and not a winger in the true sense more a wide midfielder. He may get picked to play there for N.I but he's most definitely not a proper old school winger. Lane although he can play and cut in from the right is mainly seen as a left winger/wide player especially for N.I.

Lane can play either wing but has stated his preference for the right. Right now he is better than Whyte for that role, but if Whyte can regain his form of two or three seasons ago it would be an interesting battle. 

And the way we play wide midfielders is want we need, as that implies more of the necessary defensive work whereas traditional wingers didn't do much if any defending.  In fact, I'm not sure there are any traditional wingers left in the game these days, so finding one to sign is a bit tricky.
Oh for the type of wide player like Chamberlain,Rogers, Hilaire, O'Callaghan etc
Kyle Edwards Is a quick direct winger which is what we desperately need. Also was due to go out on loan from Ipswich this summer
(31-08-2023, 03:40 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Oh for the type of wide player like Chamberlain,Rogers, Hilaire, O'Callaghan etc

or for the mix that Hilaire and O'Callaghan provided. 
I always felt that Vince created himself more crossing opportunities (and penalties) But KO was more precise with his crossing from fewer chances.
Won league 2 with none of the things we are demanding on this thread.

Talk hotting up of Raggs to Gillingham.

Can't see another coming in now. They would be here already. A panic signing doesn't fit with the new broom.
(31-08-2023, 06:08 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]Won league 2 with none of the things we are demanding on this thread.

Talk hotting up of Raggs to Gillingham.

Can't see another coming in now. They would be here already. A panic signing doesn't fit with the new broom.

I would be sad to see Raggetino go but we should not stand in his way either.
I'd keep him around for injuries & suspensions
I would bet on Anjorin being the final bit of business for the summer. I wouldn't mind a winger and maybe a pacy striking option but I can't see any of that coming until January. If we can move Hume and Raggett on then maybe one more will come in. I wouldn't mind seeing Alex Mighten come here. I know his Sheff Wed stint didn't go well but he is a scary player when on song.
If Raggett does go then we'd need a replacement. I'm 90% certain our business is done.
(31-08-2023, 10:29 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]If Raggett does go then we'd need a replacement. I'm 90% certain our business is done.

With the increase in cards and eventually suspensions, we could quickly have a problem with only one reserve centre half in the squad, so I hope we can keep him. He will then get the free transfer and a lucrative transfer for himself at the end of the season.
We nearly made it but sadly with one day to go someone used the phrase "bit of business".

Can't see anything happening today.
Whatever happened to Di Shon or indeed Mingi?
Di Shon went to Sheff Wed, Mingi is still without a club as is Ryan Tunnicliffe"
Mingi is clearly an idiot.
Mingi's gone to Colchester, glad his agents gamble for a championship club paid off
And the Arsenal kid with the long name has gone to Cheltenham on loan.
I wonder if Colchester still have to pay the c£30k development fee to us - be great if Mingi failed to tell them about it & we blocked his registration - that would really be karma.
Pages: 1 2