TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Team Today/Match thread - Peterborough
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Norris
Swanson, Poole, Shaughnessy, Ogilvie
Pack, Morrell
Whyte, Saydee, Kamara,
Bishop

Subs
Schofield, Towler, Raggett, Devlin, Robertson, Sparkes, Lane
Anjorin not on the bench then…presumably hasn’t trained with the squad or fitness problem?
1-0 down. On recent league evidence that is three points in the bag for P'boro
Whyte carp so far, rather see Lane.
(01-09-2023, 05:13 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Mingi's gone to Colchester, glad his agents gamble for a championship club paid off

(02-09-2023, 02:25 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]1-0 down. On recent league evidence that is three points in the bag for P'boro

Ignore me. I clearly have no clue what I'm talking about.
Not sure why Anjorin isn't on the bench?
Enjoyable first half although too many mistakes from both sides. Norris doing well. Swanson good going forward but at fault for the goal. Poole good except for a couple of boo boos, one of which nearly cost us a goal. Shaughnessy (?) solid, Ogilvie also (great pro). Morrell doing well, Pack excellent cross for the first goal, they're linking up well together. Kamara some flashes and his first senior goal, albeit gifted to him. Whyte the weakest link for me. Saydee ok, battles well but some wayward shots. Bish, great goal, really fighting well and winning loads of flicks. Let's see if we can go on and win. Up to 3rd at the moment.
A couple of goals but uncharacteristically sloppy at the back. I don't know what to make of that half tbh.
(02-09-2023, 02:56 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]A couple of goals but uncharacteristically sloppy at the back. I don't know what to make of that half tbh.
I’m just pleased we’ve found out where the back of the net is again and we are currently winning
Very even half for me. Bitty, stop start scrapball. Stats look bang down the middle too. Frustrating that it took an individual mistake/goal to wake us up.
Great third goal. Get in
Good result and good performance to boot against one of League One’s top sides. Saydee made a big difference when compared to Robertson (not that he’s a bad player) his combativeness and eagerness to get in the box when needed was a big factor in todays win. All in all I will go to bed happy tonight
I will be interested to see how Devlin gets on next week next to Pack. If it’s not Devlin then who will it be to replace Morrell next week?
(02-09-2023, 03:16 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]Very even half for me. Bitty, stop start scrapball. Stats look bang down the middle too. Frustrating that it took an individual mistake/goal to wake us up.

Yes it’s true we aren’t Man City but in this league with the players we have we can cause the opposition problems but also at times look shit. It’s just how it is
(02-09-2023, 04:09 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]I will be interested to see how Devlin gets on next week next to Pack. If it’s not Devlin then who will it be to replace Morrell next week?

Robertson or Tino maybe. Stevenson?
Would be interesting to see Robertson play a bit deeper, not sure that’s his natural position but like Morrell he can throw in a decent yellow/red card style tackle when required (or not required at all)
Enjoyable game.
Good bits.
Saydee was immense and plugged that gap impressively, if we want to defend from the front then he really shows the rest how to do it.
We came back from a goal down and eventually plugged the gap on the right wing which was inviting Peterborough on time after time.
Second half we gradually took control and Kamara's set up from Bishop's header and the one good bit from Whyatt was a fantastic goal.

Bad bits.
Norriss must have thought we were getting bored.
Morrell is an idiot.
Whyat must not fancy playing for NI any more.

Looking forward. I liked both Stevenson and Devlin looked good enough to step up.
Is Hume still on contract? If Sparkes took a knock at the end, he could find himself back in the squad.
I must admit I like the look of Saydee, having now had a decent look at him. He doesn't run, he runs and jumps, which gives him an edge over his opponents.
Hammie, Yes he is still under contract.
Pompey are Back! And this time it's to stay.

*Or finishing 10th
It was our first test against a promotion rival and we passed it with flying colours. No excuses this season, it HAS to be autos
No idea about autos etc, but we look a decent outfit which is only going to get better.
Peterborough are always a decent outfit, especially with one of the most experienced and successful manager at this level.
We might want to sort out the problem in front of Swanson in the first half, but other than that, a very encouraging and enjoyable performance.
Most of all, we now have pretty decent cover throughout the team so might not be liable to the collapses that have wrecked our chances previously.
oh and the loans appear to be very good, will have to see the chelsea 3rd one to be sure, but even two out of three would be better than previously.
Hard to score today’s players. First half absolute garbage. Swanson a disaster but sorted himself out. Same for Poole. Whyte easy to score.. 3.. he offers absolutely nothing. Why on earth have we signed him? Norris has 2-3 rushes of blood every match where he rushes out of goal for no reason whatsoever!! But we were decent 2nd half and gave some optimism for the season.
A bit harsh on Swanson who was left with absolutely no cover in front of him for the entire first half. Whyte on the other hand deserves your score as it was him that should be filling that hole, once he did that in the second half we rarely looked troubles.
Coming back from one down and dominating is a good thing.
Norris is frightening at times and his back up looked worrying in the midweek cup games.

One worrying thing is that our opponents put out a very young team today so what looked like a very good win in the end might have been against a weaker Peterborough than usual. Average age 22, oldest player 24.
(02-09-2023, 08:07 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]A bit harsh on Swanson who was left with absolutely no cover in front of him for the entire first half. Whyte on the other hand deserves your score as it was him that should be filling that hole, once he did that in the second half we rarely looked troubles.
Coming back from one down and dominating is a good thing.
Norris is frightening at times and his back up looked worrying in the midweek cup games.

One worrying thing is that our opponents put out a very young team today so what looked like a very good win in the end might have been against a weaker Peterborough than usual. Average age 22, oldest player 24.
Fully agree. Yes it was great to get three points, and there was a lot of improvement, but Peterbro' should have had 3 before we scored, and they could have had 6 by the end of the day with better finishing. For me Saydee, Kamara, and Swanson (2nd half) were the plusses.
Pages: 1 2