TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Undefeated, best goal difference, one point off top
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yengi's return and a fit Anjoran look like massive pluses to yet come in.
We could really move on and hand out a spanking to someone
(06-09-2023, 08:52 PM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]Yengi's return and a fit Anjoran look like massive pluses to yet come in.
We could really move on and hand out a spanking to someone

I hope so Wink
Only one talking about entitlement is you Deep.

Promotion is there to be earned, the team are strong this year, and the league is weak this year. If that opportunity is spurned the club need to ask themselves why.
(06-09-2023, 09:57 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]Only one talking about entitlement is you Deep.

Promotion is there to be earned, the team are strong this year, and the league is weak this year. If that opportunity is spurned the club need to ask themselves why.

Where have I talked about entitlement ?  Nowhere.  So please explain.

But demanding the mother of all inquests if we fail to get automatic promotion is the most 'entitled' load of nonsense on this thread.  

But I agree with your second sentence ... you should have said that the first time.
"Divine right".

The squad is too good for a poor effort at automatic promotion to be tolerated.
Fundamentally, I just want us to go up. We have been in League One too long and fans are understandably bored shitless with it. Looking at it from a pragmatic POV, the championship is a tough tough league and we know our owners aren't just going to splash huge sums of money. So we need to have a squad that is a few shrewd signings away from being Championship survival ready. I really really don't want the Barnsley/Wigan/Rotherham yoyo existence.

Looking at last seasons promoted sides probably isn't a bad place to start looking for a enchmark. Ipswich are thriving although they spent enormous sums in League One. Sheffield Wednesday are struggling which is scary when they got 96 points but there has been turmoil and poor decision making contributing to that. Plymouth have had a perfectly respectable start and are probably more comparable to us in terms of off the field plan.
And, we may get a new version of a wide player back for Christmas.

I genuinely think he has had time to consider all options, and will fight for his place in our promotion challenge.

And Yengi coming back .... things have looked far worse.
Pages: 1 2