TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Morrell
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
When will he learn?
He should have been subbed out after 75 mins 3-1 up on a yellow with a bad disciplinary history.
Do him good for the Wales manager to ring up and tell him not to bother next week.
Totally agree u73, He is a liability and never learns
Spoilt a great day otherwise
(02-09-2023, 04:51 PM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]Spoilt a great day otherwise

Tried to, but Robertson came on and showed he has a very decent all round game, not just going forward. 
I'm not convinced that Morrell remains a first pick in that position.
Another brilliant Cowley signing with feet of clay.
(02-09-2023, 05:14 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]Another brilliant Cowley signing with feet of clay.

feet are ok, if very small.
Between his ears appears to full of the clay you mentioned, or S>>t for brains maybe.
Hardly feet of clay, he was playing excellently up until that point and has been for some time. Links well with Pack, had some good runs forward and put in several good crosses. A shame he blotted his copybook (again).
I've never met a bright Welshman. Thick as shit, every last one I've met
(02-09-2023, 05:34 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]I've never met a bright Welshman. Thick as shit, every last one I've met

the brains are in the sheep
It took him just 4 weeks of the season to get sent off. Why are we still paying him? Marred a good performance by the team. I'm liking Saydee more and more.
Agree with dsmg. Thought his was MOTM performance until the send-off. Shame because if he could just cut out the needless fouls he would be our best player. I also agree with the positive bits about Saydee. Wasn't sure about him signing but think he could be one of the real positives for us this season. Games against Posh are often enjoyable as they are not a team to come and park the bus. Today was no exception. Thoroughly enjoyed the game today.
It was a petulant typical foul he commits time and again. Invariably ending up with yellow
That's not the bad part. The bad part is that he does the same thing again and wonders why he ens up being sent off.
This puts the team in trouble unnecessarily.
He should be fined heavily.
I saw posts elsewhere that their player "dived" for the first yellow. He was far from us so I have no idea.
But that is often the problem with Morrell. He gets one yellow. If he thinks it was unfair, then he sees the red mist and soon gets another. Might not have been that today, but it seems a recurring pattern to me.
Seemed like a dive to me as well but that doesn’t excuse his stupid second yellow. He’s a decent player with no brains.
(02-09-2023, 04:27 PM)tl73 Wrote: [ -> ]He should have been subbed out after 75 mins 3-1 up on a yellow with a bad disciplinary history.

Absolutely, there was no need to keep him on the pitch and he was always going to end up with a red.
He misses far too many games due to suspension and that has to change. I like him and fundamentally believe that he does a lot of criminally underappreciated work but his suspensions played a part in our late surprise playoff push faltering last year and he's at it again. He has to be smarter.
(02-09-2023, 09:51 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]He misses far too many games due to suspension and that has to change. I like him and fundamentally believe that he does a lot of criminally underappreciated work but his suspensions played a part in our late surprise playoff push faltering last year and he's at it again. He has to be smarter.

persackly, or find himself replaced
Morrell should have been booked a couple of mins into the game.
Stupid little bugger but a good player we’ll have to do without.
Sad to see so many people diss him when he runs his heart out for us.
Brings so much energy to the team with his tireless running and great link-up play, particulary with Pack. Reflected in our results with him in the team being much better than him out. 
The cards are an unfortunate part of his game and we just have to cover that by having a good replacement standing by and subbing him when he goes to a yellow. Only been yellowed once up until now which is some kind of improvement.
His sending off didn't cost us any points so let's move on and appreciate how lucky we are to have him.
Plenty of good players who don’t get regularly sent off. He’s paid to play football, not sit out games because he’s done something avoidable.

Fantastic player but he’s being a twat!
(03-09-2023, 04:47 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]Sad to see so many people diss him when he runs his heart out for us.
Brings so much energy to the team with his tireless running and great link-up play, particulary with Pack. Reflected in our results with him in the team being much better than him out. 
The cards are an unfortunate part of his game and we just have to cover that by having a good replacement standing by and subbing him when he goes to a yellow. Only been yellowed once up until now which is some kind of improvement.
His sending off didn't cost us any points so let's move on and appreciate how lucky we are to have him.

Absolutely spot on. He's a combative tenacious midfielder who is always involved in the game in an area where ball winning is essential.
He maybe a bit 'old school' but he is an asset to this club.
It is a delicate balance. Being relentlessly combatitive is a major strength of his so you don't want to water that down too much because you'd have him on the pitch more but not as effective. It is also wholly unacceptable if he is going to miss 7 or more league games a season with suspensions alone.

It is really something the player has to work out for himself. It is all well and good to say he should be subbed off I'm those situations but that isn't a workable long term solution, especially in tight games.
Yesterday was sort of understandable, he was being tenacious which is what we want in midfield. What isn't acceptable is when he gets booked or sent off for being gobby to the ref, or kicking an opponent when he's down. If he can sort that, then he can be outstanding for us.
Pages: 1 2 3