TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Bazunu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Agent Baz doing stirling work down the road. How can it have gone so wrong for him?

He really is getting stick from both sets of stripey loons.

Would we have him back, on a free?

I’m quite happy with Norris, btw. Apparently, he has around a 95% save rate, the best in the league.
Moon said that yesterday and he made several good saves but had a couple of very hairy moments. Who are the second set of stripey loons???
I know its early but Norris for me is worst senior goalkeeper we have had since Sullivan.

I'd take Bazunu back in a heartbeat
Having seen Schofield twice I really do fear if he has to play in the league
(03-09-2023, 09:14 AM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]I know its early but Norris for me is worst senior goalkeeper we have had since Sullivan.

I'd take Bazunu back in a heartbeat

I think Norris is fine, he suits our build up play with his distribution etc. Definitely needs to cut out some of the hair my moments from the last game but I think he's been really relative success so far.
Must admit I would’ve preferred Macey over Norris.
I'd agree that Norris has been good so far, and his distribution is probably better than Bazunu's, but somehow I always feel there is a mistake in him, which I never felt with Macey. 

Perhaps I should never have watched the clips of the Sheff Wed play-off game.
(03-09-2023, 11:22 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Must admit I would’ve preferred Macey over Norris.

Agree, however as the only unbeaten team in the division and conceding only 2 or 3 league goals its going pretty well at the back.
(03-09-2023, 11:26 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]I'd agree that Norris has been good so far, and his distribution is probably better than Bazunu's, but somehow I always feel there is a mistake in him, which I never felt with Macey. 

I'm pretty sure Plymouth fans were telling us that Macey was hopelessly error prone when he joined us and he was stellar in that loan spell. You can't necessarily judge a goalie on one game or omeven one spell. In that playoff game his defenders were parting like the red sea.

Deebo

“Who are the second set of stripey loons???”

Scumderland
(03-09-2023, 09:14 AM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]I'd take Bazunu back in a heartbeat

Not if you'd seen highlights of the Mackem/Scum game you wouldn't.
Even the Mackems seem to think it’s largely because scummers defence is atrocious.

To be fair, given their results over the last season and a bit, I’m not sure any keepers confidence would be intact.
A goalie is only as good as his defence in front of him, I thought baz was a competent keeper but on saturday he looked low on confidence, hardly surprising playing for the deck chairs. All goalies have a mistake in them jamo, Knight, Mellor, begov etc to name a few, on the whole I think norro has made a decent start.
Disagree - Kostas Chalkias
Like most young players, Baz was hit and miss. He made some clangers for us too, which people seem to have mostly forgotten. Overhyped and thrown into the deep end too quickly off the back of a ludicrous fee.

He will probably end up being a decent keeper but the spotlight isn't helping him.
(03-09-2023, 11:26 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]I'd agree that Norris has been good so far, and his distribution is probably better than Bazunu's, but somehow I always feel there is a mistake in him, which I never felt with Macey. 

Missed Port Vale @ home last season then DB? Smile
Macey was poor, very poor in that game. He started off well but imo gradually went down hill in his time with us.
Truly bizarre thread this, Norris reminds me of Ford in our promotion season. Not necessarily spectacular but very solid all round keeper. 
Bazunu-lol, lets in 5. Looked a nervous wreck yet people want the dirty scummer back here. Wtaf!!
(04-09-2023, 03:00 PM)bluebollox Wrote: [ -> ]

Missed Port Vale @ home last season then DB? Smile
Macey was poor, very poor in that game. He started off well but imo gradually went down hill in his time with us.
Truly bizarre thread this, Norris reminds me of Ford in our promotion season. Not necessarily spectacular but very solid all round keeper. 
Bazunu-lol, lets in 5. Looked a nervous wreck yet people want the dirty scummer back here. Wtaf!!

I didn't say he never made any mistakes - all keepers do that - only that he never gave you feeling he was about to make them.  He always looked confident and that is important for giving confidence to the defence.  Norris is earning that sort of respect now but Macey had it from day one. 

By coincidence he has today torn up his contract with Luton so is available now.
Norris looks like a very decent keeper for me.
But suffers from the need to also play sweeper and pass it out. If he did not have to do that, the dodgy moments would be reduced by about 90%
His back up worries me.
Maybe we are keeping him to sub on if we get to the playoffs and need to win on pens.
(04-09-2023, 06:45 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Norris looks like a very decent keeper for me.
But suffers from the need to also play sweeper and pass it out. If he did not have to do that, the dodgy moments would be reduced by about 90%
His back up worries me.
Maybe we are keeping him to sub on if we get to the playoffs and need to win on pens.

Either that or bring him in for both play-off games like the last time we were in the playoffs when we left out our most consistent player that season (Tom Naylor) in some form of weird self-destruction to ensure once again we fail to win a playoff match.
Yoshi Kawaguichi!
10 seconds to concede against Sheffield Wednesday and it never got any better!
Remember last day of the promotion season at Bradford. Season was over, we were champions, only thing riding on the game was if Toddy would get the golden boot. Bradford offered nothing in the first half so Harry brings Yoshi on for the second. All of a sudden they are a threat, one is off the woodwork, one is off the line by Fiesta that Yoshi has spilled. Fucking hell, we went all year with him as backup!
(04-09-2023, 11:08 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]Remember last day of the promotion season at Bradford. Season was over, we were champions, only thing riding on the game was if Toddy would get the golden boot. Bradford offered nothing in the first half so Harry brings Yoshi on for the second. All of a sudden they are a threat, one is off the woodwork, one is off the line by Fiesta that Yoshi has spilled. Fucking hell, we went all year with him as backup!

You make it sound like a close game. We won 5-0.
Nice guy though!
(04-09-2023, 09:25 PM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]Yoshi Kawaguichi!
10 seconds to concede against Sheffield Wednesday and it never got any better!

The story goes that the team let Sheff Wed through to score that 10 second goal as a protest against Mandaric for insisting that Yoshi was picked ahead of the popular Dave Beasant.  Perhaps why they also tried much harder afterwards to win the game 3-2.
(03-09-2023, 07:11 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Agent Baz doing stirling work down the road. How can it have gone so wrong for him?

He really is getting stick from both sets of stripey loons.

Would we have him back, on a free?

I’m quite happy with Norris, btw. Apparently, he has around a 95% save rate, the best in the league.

I never got the feeling that Bazuna was an amazing goalkeeper. Certainly, Man City must done well to hold a straight face when Scum offered them £10 million. He's a decent league 1 goalkeeper in the same vein of Macey and Norris. Like everything in this league, any vague bit of talent stands out like a cyst.

Goalkeepers are the direct opposite of outfield players. They get better as they get older. Bazuna will be the same. In the meantime, we thank him for his service....