TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Mingi to Colchester
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
5 figure compensation and sell ons
Good bizzo
What a shame. I think Mingi has been either badly advised or he’s made a silly mistake off his own bat.

He could well thrive at Colchester but I believe he is better than them.
Layer Road Larry. Reading this, I suddenly remembered him - in the early 80's, I'm sure Colchester had a smiling scarf-wearing snake for their mascot, and he was called Layer Road Larry. 

Can't find a thing about him online, and also can't understand why Colchester would see a snake as having as any connections at all.

But, it was the same era as Hissing Sid, and also a lot of booze on my part, but anyone else remember Layer Road Larry? Anyone? Mingi, let us know.
(05-09-2023, 07:10 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]What a shame. I think Mingi has been either badly advised or he’s made a silly mistake off his own bat.

He could well thrive at Colchester but I believe he is better than them.

He wants to play football which he will there, hopefully the drop down means he can move up.
Five figures is shit
(05-09-2023, 08:54 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]Five figures is shit

You know he was out of contract?
Could be anything from 10,000 to 99,999. I’d probably think it was somewhere between 25 & 50k
Better than 00000
(05-09-2023, 09:29 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Could be anything from 10,000 to 99,999. I’d probably think it was somewhere between 25 & 50k

If we had gone to tribunal we would have got about £25/30k max, so a negotiated settlement with a club like Colchester will probably have been about half that.
He was a long way off our starting eleven, so very good luck to him at Col U.
Crap contract management letting a player with his potential go for a token amount like that. Another legacy from the "prowd" and "pwivledged" boys era
(06-09-2023, 08:46 AM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]Crap contract management letting a player with his potential go for a token amount like that. Another legacy from the "prowd" and "pwivledged" boys era

He had a contract offer but wouldn’t sign it, what could the club have done?
The news even published an article about why that amount was agreed. Probably best to read that before saying this was rubbish, bad management yadda yadda yadda.

Then come back, put a cohesive argument together and lay out why it was bad.

Or not.
(06-09-2023, 08:46 AM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]Crap contract management letting a player with his potential go for a token amount like that. Another legacy from the "prowd" and "pwivledged" boys era

How can it possibly be crap contract management ??? He had a contract and when it came towards the end we offered him a new one  What else could we have done ?  Players have all the power these days and he decides he wants away there is absolutely nothing the club can do to stop him
It is a shame that out of the 92 clubs in the football league only the 90th best (based on current position) was able to see the potential in Jay Mingi that Slayer does.
If the rumours are to be believed, it was the players attitude that was the issue. Then add on the fact you have no idea how much he is going to cost you, its not surprising that lots of clubs steered clear of him. 

If he wasn't such a dinlo, he'd probably be playing L1 football.
I thought he had potential too.
(06-09-2023, 11:21 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]I thought he had potential too.

So did I, but he is 23 next month with only 28 appearances on his CV so he is very unlikely to fulifil that potential until he changes his attitude.   Maybe only being able to get Colchecter will be the kick up the arse he needed, but sacking his agent might do more good.
All the best for Jay Mingi and his career. Meanwhile we’ve got far bigger fish to fry. Promotion to the Championship looms if we can keep playing like we did in the majority of the recent match against Peterborough and can figure out how to break down teams that want to sit back and ‘park the bus’
Three points to me
Six p0inter at Derby ?

- what an early season thought !
(05-09-2023, 06:16 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]5 figure compensation and sell ons

very good business
Mingi on the bench today! Been brought right down to earth with an almighty bang.

His agent has messed his career up totally.

He should hace accepted Pompey's offer then renegotiated later assuming his performances were up to it.