TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Much credit due
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Very much credit and accolades should be awarded today to our academy team for their remarkable triumph at Gosport. 

The team evidently displayed team spirit, resilience and grit in buckets and the players and coaching staff should be very proud.

Lastly, we had a further indication of the worth of Mr Koby MOTTOH and I trust his contract and longevity at the club is bound in steel!
Exciting times in ten years time Big Grin
Trying to find highlights of this somewhere as it looked like a brilliant escape act.
3-0 down with 21 mins to go
How old is Mottah?
ie can a prem club swoop, pay us half a crown and bugger off with him?
He’ll end up at Colchester.
No, no Cunni I think we are getting a lot more savvy now, for example Mr Eisner kept BISH and it would take a VERY large amount to persuade us to part.
Sorry Firq, I’m finding it increasingly difficult to talk with my tongue in my cheek.
I do know it WAS very TIC Cunni, ( I get much of that from my son).

However, I felt it appropriate to flag up the growing player quality at FP ( evidence the Academy performance at Gosport) and I believe ME is now " on message " concerning retention of our best.

Especially if we have ambitions to look upwards!
(08-09-2023, 11:43 AM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]I do know it WAS very TIC Cunni, ( I get much of that from my son).

However, I felt it appropriate to flag up the growing player quality at FP ( evidence the Academy performance at Gosport) and I believe ME is now " on message " concerning retention of our best.

Especially if we have ambitions to look upwards!

I reckon you’re spot on with that.

Every player can improve, that’s clear. It’s a case of whether we can reasonably expect them to and I believe the current crop are able to. There will be some failures, of course, but let’s hope that percentage is a small one.

It gives me no little comfort to see that Towler (who we were mainly impressed with last season) is now having to try and fight his way into the team.