TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Which ground..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
No game this week so little teaser about an away ground. Used to do most of the away games in the 80s and 90s. There is one ground where I’ve seen us play from both ends and both sides where as away fans we were housed during different seasons. There must be some of you out there who did this also. No prizes just a bit of nostalgia.
Selhurst Park?
Did Flavs get knocked out or just faint? A bit of a blur after so long but that happened at least twice I believe
Yeah fainting episodes were v Swindon at the Fratton End and v Blackburn at the Milton End.

If I remember correctly, it was Iffy Onuora who knocked him out at the County Ground.
I think Swindon was the wettest I got at any away game. I recall most of us sheltering in the bogs at half time.
And ate in "the blues cafe" before hand.
Not Selhurst, good effort with Swindon but not the ground I’m thinking about. Been in the open end of this ground several times, in the seats on both sides on one occasion each. As for the other end, only once for a very memorable game.
(08-09-2023, 05:59 PM)Piper last minute Wrote: [ -> ]Not Selhurst, good effort with Swindon but not the ground I’m thinking about. Been in the open end of this ground several times, in the seats on both sides on one occasion each. As for the other end, only once for a very memorable game.

Is it Huddersfield ?   I've been to one side and one end there, but not all 4.
Plymouth.
On one visit alone we had three sides at least? My first solo away trip, a bit of an eye opener.
Well done Hammie, Home Park it is. Promotion party was when they gave us there end as well as away end. Two other seasons after that we were in seats on either side. Scary thing that was 40 years ago that, shall we say, eventful last game of season!
(08-09-2023, 09:04 PM)Piper last minute Wrote: [ -> ]Well done Hammie, Home Park it is. Promotion party was when they gave us there end as well as away end. Two other seasons after that we were in seats on either side. Scary thing that was 40 years ago that, shall we say, eventful last game of season!

40 years!
The main thing I learnt from that game, was not to drink loads when on the way home on a train with no corridor! 

Always enjoyed the trip there, and the setting in a huge car park inside a massive park is something to be envied! 
And as often commented, I do enjoy a pastie at football.
(08-09-2023, 05:59 PM)Piper last minute Wrote: [ -> ]Not Selhurst, good effort with Swindon but not the ground I’m thinking about. Been in the open end of this ground several times, in the seats on both sides on one occasion each. As for the other end, only once for a very memorable game.

Oxford utd
Yak, haven’t we already got the answer?
I'm fairly sure I've never been to Home Park. This needs to be rectified.

I'm also fairly sure I've watched Pompey from all points in Saint Mary's Stadium. This was pushing my luck a bit. Luckily no-one recognised me.
(09-09-2023, 01:21 PM)Santa release Claus Wrote: [ -> ]Wembley too, to the extent that counts as an away ground

People slag off the mid week cup
But if we want a trip to Wembley that is our best chance; for many years if we actually manage to get promoted.