TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: ME's ladies soccer dream
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(13-09-2023, 04:15 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]When someone can explain to me the point of a scrum, then I might start taking rugby union seriously. What the fuck does it do?

Gives them an opportunity to grab each others balls.
They can promote it all they want, good luck to them, but I just don't give a fuck about it. I've tried but I just think it's shit.
(13-09-2023, 08:42 AM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]They can promote it all they want, good luck to them, but I just don't give a fuck about it. I've tried but I just think it's shit.

I remember when Fratton Park hosted a women's international between England and Denmark years ago. Notwithstanding the Danish left back was very very attractive, the football was funny as feck.

It's not for me, and it's good that there are more options for girls growing up, but treating women's football as the same level as the men's game is doing it no favours. I think the Portsmouth ladies team season ticket is about £40?

Mind you, I'm hanging on a bit about the men's game. The money laundering, dictators and Sky Sports have just killed it. Every year I get tempted to get a H&W or AFC Portchester ST instead.
(13-09-2023, 04:15 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]When someone can explain to me the point of a scrum, then I might start taking rugby union seriously. What the fuck does it do?

It was a way of stopping and restarting after an infringement. Advantage was given to the team infringed against and they got the put-in (put the ball in the scrum). However that was in the days when the ball was put in straight and hookers actually hooked. Today there is no hooking as such and the ball is pretty much put in to the second row. 
So they might as well stop strumming altogether, or just make them uncontested, or just do a Rugby League type restart where the player taps it back between his legs. If they are going to continue with scrums they should stop the clock during setup until the ball is put in as it takes up so much time.
There you go Cunny, all pretty straightforward stuff.
Er, thanks, Tomsk.

What was the first bit again?
Pages: 1 2