TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Academy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone know exactly where we are with this now? 

ME had on his priority list during his last visit but haven't heard anything more except Andy Moon talking about a podcast interview with ME but couldn't find on Solent. Has anyone got a link please.
They talked about a dome which suggests we might need to be patient, they also discussed how surprised they were to find the way the prem has been allowed to stitch up the system and steal any decent young player.
(11-09-2023, 05:53 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]They talked about a dome which suggests we might need to be patient, they also discussed how surprised they were to find the way the prem has been allowed to stitch up the system and steal any decent young player.

Not promising is it! The CEO should have explained the system when they were buying the club. 

That's a totally naive comment to make by ME.

That's one of the major problems from running the club from the U.S. & not being hands on enough.

What does anyone else think?
(11-09-2023, 08:04 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-09-2023, 05:53 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]They talked about a dome which suggests we might need to be patient, they also discussed how surprised they were to find the way the prem has been allowed to stitch up the system and steal any decent young player.

Not promising is it! The CEO should have explained the system when they were buying the club. 

That's one of the major problems from running the club from the U.S. & not being hands on enough.

The club is run from Pompey Mikey.

The CEO in charge when they took over is no longer with the club so not much can be done about that.

I still wager ME knows more about football than you.
What about eggs?
Did many of us realise just how much the prem had stitched up young players for themselves before the club highlighted it?
It’s a sad fact that even ME goes to Fratton Park more than Mikey does and yet Mikey believes he knows more about running the club than Eisner.

Naive comments?
(11-09-2023, 09:01 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]What about eggs?

?
Does he know about Deep’s eggs? Can you enlighten us more as I feel some, at least me, rather got left in the dark. Strange for me as I’m pretty good at cryptic crosswords but owl’s eggs stumped me.
(11-09-2023, 08:30 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

The CEO in charge when they took over is no longer with the club so not much can be done about that.

How informed of you! Yes Mark Catlin was the CEO at the time.
I would hope he does as he bankrolls the club but the fact is this should have been fully explained to him.
‘Deeps eggs’? Has Deep started laying eggs too?
Mikey, darling, you can’t even afford to go to games or purchase an Ifollow account.

Do you think Eisner became a billionaire by being naive?
Apparently, owl’s eggs
(12-09-2023, 11:58 AM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-09-2023, 08:30 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

How informed of you! Yes Mark Catlin was the CEO at the time.
I would hope he does as he bankrolls the club but the fact is this should have been fully explained to him.

You expect the purchase of a L1 football club to in to absolute detail about the academy system in England?

I think my cat knows more about football than you Mikey and it has just struck me that my cat has watched more Pompey games than you this season, that’s a crazy thought isn’t it?
(12-09-2023, 12:04 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Mikey, darling, you can’t even afford to go to games or purchase an Ifollow account.

I’ll stick up for Mikey here and it may be an opportunity for him to say it at long last.

If Mikey doesn’t have the money then that is a perfectly reasonable explanation and I wouldn’t criticise him for that. It’s expensive and quite frankly there are more important things.

If however, he’s just not very interested in Pompey then he can admit that too.
(12-09-2023, 09:06 AM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Does he know about Deep’s eggs? Can you enlighten us more as I feel some, at least me, rather got left in the dark. Strange for me as I’m pretty good at cryptic crosswords but owl’s eggs stumped me.

It’s all very simple. DB used to sell owl eggs down the pub, I asked if he still does.
(12-09-2023, 03:40 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-09-2023, 09:06 AM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Does he know about Deep’s eggs? Can you enlighten us more as I feel some, at least me, rather got left in the dark. Strange for me as I’m pretty good at cryptic crosswords but owl’s eggs stumped me.

It’s all very simple. DB used to sell owl eggs down the pub, I asked if he still does.

And what really worries me is that G100 thinks there is some humour in this ridiculous scenario
So G? Do you have evidence of this strange activity or are you telling porkies?
As we say in Ireland ( and probably Scotland), are the owl eggs or oul ( old) eggs
(12-09-2023, 03:39 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-09-2023, 12:04 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Mikey, darling, you can’t even afford to go to games or purchase an Ifollow account.

I’ll stick up for Mikey here and it may be an opportunity for him to say it at long last.

If Mikey doesn’t have the money then that is a perfectly reasonable explanation and I wouldn’t criticise him for that. It’s expensive and quite frankly there are more important things.

If however, he’s just not very interested in Pompey then he can admit that too.

If Mikey hasn’t as much dough as Eisner, I would suggest there may be a disparity in naivety.
(12-09-2023, 05:02 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]So G? Do you have evidence of this strange activity or are you telling porkies?

He was well known for it in the pubs around Pompey.
thank god there is a game soon
Will that change anything?
Right of reply here having read the utter tripe from G100 ( Stick to owl eggs ! ) & Cunni - No I don't know more than ME Ex CEO of Disney but I feel he was badly informed about the Academy System.

The facts are player can't sign a full Pro Contract until 17 but a club can offer them a pre-contract earlier than that which bigger clubs can exploit but the smaller club can take them to a tribunal.

Young players can't sign with an agent until they're 16.

It appears you both have far too much time on your hands!
(17-09-2023, 08:29 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Right of reply here having read the utter tripe from G100 ( Stick to owl eggs ! ) & Cunni - No I don't know more than ME Ex CEO of Disney but I feel he was badly informed about the Academy System.

The facts are player can't sign a full Pro Contract until 17 but a club can offer them a pre-contract earlier than that which bigger clubs can exploit but the smaller club can take them to a tribunal.

Young players can't sign with an agent until they're 16.

It appears you both have far too much time on your hands!

Excuse me Michael, exactly what utter tripe have I said?

Congratulations on the copy and paste but you can sign for a prem academy at 8 years old and clubs are now not restricted by location. That’s the problem.

I think you should stick to…..erm…..God knows. Tuning the radio? Seems to about all you can manage.
Pages: 1 2