TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Stevenage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
TOP!!!, are they really that good?  Rolleyes
Better than what they’ve performed against, apparently.
They've played an extra game. This seasons surprise package,will be difficult to beat.
Steve Evans is a good manager.
Probably doesn't get the big jobs because he comes across old school and calls a spade a c*nt.
Not surprised they are top. We should have beaten them though based on how we played. It's hard to say if they'll last the season but I can see them being in the top 6 mix.
(12-09-2023, 01:32 PM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]Steve Evans is a good manager.
Probably doesn't get the big jobs because he comes across old school and calls a spade a c*nt.

There's a gap in the market for teams that like to play like thugs. It suited Lee bowyer for many years.

For some reason, Alan Knight seems to hate him. Remember an express fm commentary where he was going on about him. I don't think we were playing against his team then either!
(12-09-2023, 02:09 PM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]

There's a gap in the market for teams that like to play like thugs. It suited Lee bowyer for many years.

For some reason, Alan Knight seems to hate him. Remember an express fm commentary where he was going on about him. I don't think we were playing against his team then either!

Play like thugs? You mean compete.

I think Evans is a great manager at this level and they will do well.
If I was a professional sportsman I would not be able to take Evans seriously, given that he's built like a Christmas pudding.
(12-09-2023, 03:44 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]If I was a professional sportsman I would not be able to take Evans seriously, given that he's built like a Christmas pudding.

Have you watched West Indies play cricket of late? There is hope for us all!

He also comes across as a fat cùnt who calls a spade his spoon.

He's good at one particular aspect of management which is using a woefully unentertaining style football to take teams a bit higher up the league than they have any natural right to be. His teams are almost exclusively diabolical to watch. Fake injuries to take the sting put of the game when the opponent builds up a head of steam etc.
I seem to remember that this time last season cambridge were in the top six but ended up scraping to safety. Having said that stevenage look a decent mid table side having mad some good signings
Exactly that. Great start but you'd expect them to fade out to mid-table
His shopping for players looks pretty decent, their first team will be competitive, who knows about the squad beneath of course.
In some ways I'd like to see someone as non PC as him, succeed against the odds.

As regards cheating and time wasting, all the teams including ours do it. hopefully the focus on automatic yellows will continue and kill it off once and for all.
(12-09-2023, 07:40 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]

He's good at one particular aspect of management.... ....to take teams a bit higher up the league than they have any natural right to be....

That bit alone means he's an excellent manager. Maybe he should be given the England job.