TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: False position
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Although we are currently in 6th, our actual position is somewhere between 8th-10th. If any of Ipswich, Oxford, Charlton, Accrington win on saturday, we will drop out of the playoffs. 

We wont even have any games in hand on 3 of these teams. Then you also have Blackpool who are just 4 points behind but have 3 games in hand on us.

Hopefully this will make things clearer to the idiots in charge that we are well off the pace. Something needs to change NOW to have any chance of clinging on to 6th.
Dropping out of the playoffs might be for the best if it concentrates minds. After all, in the state we're in we'd have no chance anyway.
We have talked about recent form being disastrous but I wonder whether the truth is we had a great run before Xmas which masked an otherwise shocking season. The first month or so of the season was dreadful as well I seem to remember, so perhaps what we are seeing now is more our true level?
Fair point FP.
You could well be right. We started dreadfully but then started winning all our away games.
Too much tinkering with the team & formation.

We won away at Oxford the rapidly downhill from then.

I bet Pitman will be enjoying watching the demise of the club!
I don't think Pitman will enjoy the demise of the club, he had a great rapport with the fans as most 30 goal strikers do, more its current manager.
It really is a moot point whether he would still get the same number of goals as Marquis given the same number of chances.
Down to 7th now. Probably wont even be in the top 10 this time next week, after Peterborough & Ipswich games.